FAQ: Badges!

• Administrators

What are those cute little icons I see on some member’s avatars?

Those are badges.  You can receive special badges by contributing certain content to the community:

• “Live from…..” -Awarded to members who take precious time from their cruise vacations to post LIVE from their ship sharing their experience with the community.  In addition, these posts are added to our Live from page, which you can review here.
  • Great Review – Awarded when members share a post-cruise review on the forums.
  • Excellent Advice! – This is a badge when someone’s contribution on a single post that is detailed, helpful advice that clearly required careful thought before posting.

Sounds neat! How can I get a badge?

All you need to do is share your experiences in a thoughtful way in the form of a review, posting live from a ship or sharing excellent advice.

Who awards badges anyway?

Badges are awarded in the sole discretion of the Cruise Critic Community Team.  Questions/comments may be directed to community@cruisecritic.com

I see the word RARE on avatars, what does that mean? 

A rare icon is added when less than 5% of the community has received that badge.

How can I see if I have received a badge?

Your most recent badge is displayed on your avatar.  Plus, when we award a badge we alert you via email (Note: update your email).  You can also check on your badges by clicking on your member name and then viewing the Achievements section.  (Tip: you can view other member’s badges by clicking in the same manner).

What are points?

Honestly, we don’t know yet.  For the time being, it is just a way to differentiate from the first and next badge of the same type.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3