TBD Now - Sample Black Friday email

jame_g

Did anyone else get this email? I suspect it was sent by accident since it obviously has missing info and references black friday which is still a month away.  Unfortunately it's not letting me share the attachment. 

Edited by jame_g

Yup, I am in email marketing and I bet someone at their corporate office is getting in BIG trouble right now! It happens...but this was probably not a message they wanted sent out a month early. 😄

I wonder if Cyber Monday will be any better than this 30% off....or if it's better to wait until late December for a better offer on a 2024 cruise?

Edited by babalooo

I wonder if these are new voyages or if they are going to shorten their existing voyages on the Resilient Lady? It looks like they just removed the overnight in Mykonos and the sea day from the seven day voyage. Maybe they are trying to get to a lower price point to stimulate demand. If so, that would be disappointing because I think the overnight in Mykonos and the sea day are very attractive parts of this voyage 

10 minutes ago, scseas said:

I wonder if these are new voyages or if they are going to shorten their existing voyages on the Resilient Lady? It looks like they just removed the overnight in Mykonos and the sea day from the seven day voyage. Maybe they are trying to get to a lower price point to stimulate demand. If so, that would be disappointing because I think the overnight in Mykonos and the sea day are very attractive parts of this voyage 

It’s a test email with placeholder information. It doesn’t mean anything about itinerary changes. Just that there will be 30% off for Black Friday.

2 hours ago, jon81uk said:

It’s a test email with placeholder information. It doesn’t mean anything about itinerary changes. Just that there will be 30% off for Black Friday.

Considering the current sale is 25% off... If Black Friday really is only 30% WHAT A 🍑🌬️

Not to mention they will probably just mark up the base fare 5%.

There better be a $100 PP/PN December Caribbean cruise like last year.

The one rule with all travel, and especially cruise travel, pay zero attention to the percentage off. Only pay attention to the bottom line.

Royal Caribbean is the most famous for this with their drinks packages going from say 50% to 75% off during Black Friday but the bottom line price can increase by $5. How does that happen? They simply raise the base price, then increase the percentage off. The marketing hope is that you only pay attention to the package going from 50 to 75% off and you didn't pay attention to realize the base rate also increased. Same with cruise fares and all cruise lines play the same game.

Generally Black Friday sales are more about the add-ons than the cruise fares themselves. But if you're planning to 'take advantage' of any supposed sales in the near future, track the actual cruise fare or the add-on rate. Then when the 'sale' happens check to see if the cruise fare has actually gone down, no matter what the percentage of savings is. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, CruisingWalter said:

The one rule with all travel, and especially cruise travel, pay zero attention to the percentage off. Only pay attention to the bottom line.

Royal Caribbean is the most famous for this with their drinks packages going from say 50% to 75% off during Black Friday but the bottom line price can increase by $5. How does that happen? They simply raise the base price, then increase the percentage off. The marketing hope is that you only pay attention to the package going from 50 to 75% off and you didn't pay attention to realize the base rate also increased. Same with cruise fares and all cruise lines play the same game.

Generally Black Friday sales are more about the add-ons than the cruise fares themselves. But if you're planning to 'take advantage' of any supposed sales in the near future, track the actual cruise fare or the add-on rate. Then when the 'sale' happens check to see if the cruise fare has actually gone down, no matter what the percentage of savings is. 

This.

I have 9 screenshots of 3 cruises we have been looking at and price watching. Every month I record the price.

And this is exactly the case. The % off goes up, but so did the base fare. Net change, the price was HIGHER.

Watch the BIG RED NUMBER..

• Like 2