Help going out of Fort Lauderdale

jenrand

13 minutes ago, chamima said:

Thanks.

Just to be clear. We are NOT going on a cruise. Just looking for an easy last minute, relaxing WARM vacation. Hoping to spend the days at the pool or the beach. When I look at average temps for January it says low 70s, hence my apprehension.

Hollywood beach is great place whether you are getting on a cruise or not. You can get on the water taxi and explore all over Ft. Lauderdale without driving. Take a look at the Hollywood beach webcam. To just catch a few days at the pool and beach, Margaritaville is the place, 3 pools (one on the 11th floor of hotel overlooking beach and broadwalk), beach chairs and umbrellas complimentary, great restaurant, and of course the best Margaritas on the planet! I’m in snowy cold Denver and I would find the temps to be fine.

Edited by philv
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, chamima said:

Thanks.

Just to be clear. We are NOT going on a cruise. Just looking for an easy last minute, relaxing WARM vacation. Hoping to spend the days at the pool or the beach. When I look at average temps for January it says low 70s, hence my apprehension.

In my 14 winters in Fort Lauderdale January has been the coldest month of the year.  It is not uncommon to need long pants and a fleece a couple of days of the month.  That is if you aren’t a native or very long time resident in which case add a scarf, gloves and boots.  If overnight lows are predicted to be below 60 all the news staff on every channel wear sweaters and boots and the weather is the top story.  I find the days comfortable, the ocean temperature in the low 70s and our pool is heated to 85.  You might ask if the pool(s) at your hotel are heated.

• Thanks 1