Non alcoholic cocktails

mancunian

Horror of horrors we are going on Moon on the 10th December and I have just been put on medication that totally forbids alcohol.  That is even worse than our cancellation of Israel and Egypt!!!

I hate non alcoholic wine and was wondering if the bar stewards were creative in making suitable cocktails.

I will of course still enjoy the cruise I am not dependent on alcohol,but is still disappointing.  Just hope I am firing on all cylinders again for Spirit in April.

Hi Angela, hope you recover quickly and most good bartenders know many "mocktails"......it should not be a problem for them. Just depends on your taste really.

21 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Angela, hope you recover quickly and most good bartenders know many "mocktails"......it should not be a problem for them. Just depends on your taste really.

Thank you.    It is all connected with my problem on the Dawn and Iknow it will not be sorted before Moon but hopefully by the time we go on the Spirit.  

You must be packing again - only a few more days.  Have a great time

3 minutes ago, mancunian said:

Thank you.    It is all connected with my problem on the Dawn and Iknow it will not be sorted before Moon but hopefully by the time we go on the Spirit.  

You must be packing again - only a few more days.  Have a great time

Thanks😀nope, not packing yet. I leave next Sunday. I usually pack 1 or 2 days ahead so I have all week to wait for that task.

1 hour ago, mancunian said:

Horror of horrors we are going on Moon on the 10th December and I have just been put on medication that totally forbids alcohol.  That is even worse than our cancellation of Israel and Egypt!!!

I hate non alcoholic wine and was wondering if the bar stewards were creative in making suitable cocktails.

I will of course still enjoy the cruise I am not dependent on alcohol,but is still disappointing.  Just hope I am firing on all cylinders again for Spirit in April.

Last year I took a bottle of zero gin on board and gave it to a bar steward. He made me some lovely drinks. A previous guest had left a zero rum, which also made up some good cocktails. 

5 hours ago, Liquid Amber said:

Last year I took a bottle of zero gin on board and gave it to a bar steward. He made me some lovely drinks. A previous guest had left a zero rum, which also made up some good cocktails. 

Thank you so much.  I was quite excited by the prospect, that is what I would do and solve the problem.  When I told my husband he said yes I could do that if I wanted.  Of course he also said with what we were paying SS should stock non alcoholic as there must be lots of people on medication.  Guess he is probably right but I shall still take a bottle.

We were recently on the Shadow and the Arts cafe had a small selection of NA cocktails listed at the end the drinks menu, mostly made with various Seedlip "liquors."  A couple of us sampled some of them and thought they were very pleasant.  I didn't ask if that was standard for all ships.