Puttin' on the Ritz Champagne cocktail

pvbmom

Of you Google it, you'll find a couple of recipes.  Here's one.  Use champers for the "sparkling wine".  Sound like what you had?

Ingredients

2 oz. vodka
1 oz. lemon juice
1 oz. beet simple syrup
Top with sparkling wine

Beet-infused  simple syrup
Add 12 oz. water and 12 oz. white sugar to pot and stir to combine. Add two rough-chopped (peeled) raw beets to the liquid and heat on your stove top (medium heat) covered for about 20 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Transfer to clean glass jar. Store in refrigerator for up to three weeks.

To make one delicious cocktail

Shake your ingredients with ice & strain into a chilled martini glass or champagne flute. Top with sparkling wine. We like to garnish ours with a beet section, speared on a toothpick.

Thank you ever so much for your response and research- I truly appreciate it!  I wish oI could say that is the drink, but unfortunately not.  It did have a lemon flavor and champagne, but not the beet simple syrup.  It was served in a champagne glass with a sugared rim and floating lemon peel.  I have tried lemon juice and champagne, but that is not quite it-  a sweet ingredient is missing.

Thank you again for your help

Thank you all for your research and assistance!  That would be so kind Lois R if you would ask!

The cocktail was such a treat at Happy Hour! I may just have to take another cruise just to find out the recipe! 

• Haha 1