VV Message Board Members

Swells1

This might get deleted, but I hope it doesn't. I have been a member of this community for 16 years now.. (Wow. Where does the time go?) I've spent many hours on practically every board. I have to say this is the best group of people out there. I can't tell you how many questions I've wanted to ask, even typed them out, but changed my mind for fear of being ridiculed. There's never any snark, or replies of, "Google is your friend", "Why didn't you just search for the answer?" or "The answer is on their website."

Everyone here has been so kind and helpful. I'm so glad I found you all.

• Like 12

7 minutes ago, Swells1 said:

Everyone here has been so kind and helpful. I'm so glad I found you all.

I started asking these same questions before my first VV cruise and found the help and information offered by other passengers on this board to be both kind and extremely helpful.  We are all just people helping people as it should be.  The kindness is a plus.  🙂

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, fmlsprtsfn said:

I can't agree more.  Other platforms can be unkind.  I don't know why people can't just skip over questions they don't like or don't want to answer.  

I also don't understand people who ABSOLUTELY hate a specific cruise line, and still troll their boards. I feel like they have too much time on their hands. 

• Like 7

Everyone here has been so kind to answer all my crazy questions in detail 😊  I have also held back for fear of ridicule in the beginning, but I feel pretty much at home here now, and fwiw, I hope that's okay with everybody else, LOL 😅

Edited by TheDarkestBlue
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I have felt so welcome here when I first booked with Virgin back in May of 2021. All the questions I had but no one had sailed yet. We were all waiting and excited. And then when I sailed I loved the experience. 

I totally agree about some of the other lines. Some times the search feature doesn't produce what you are needing. Here folks jump in with answers. On another line that I sailed with late last year I just got some snarky responses. So what I see is that VV has brought not just a novel and fun product but it has brought together folks who appreciate each other and want to help.

• Like 4

Cruise Critic as a whole is a much better platform for getting useful and super helpful information. With VV being so new this board has not matured enough to have some of the 'shouters' that can be prevalent in the other boards. But throughout this entire site, this is still our 'go-to' for the best and most up to date cruising information of any platform out there.  Sometimes you have to weed through to find the nuggets, but for the most part, the folks who post on these boards are good people happy to share information. 

Looks like I joined about the same time, 2006, 18 years ago. Hard to believe we've been sharing information that long, pretty much since our first cruise. Nice to meet some other 'old timers' here. 😄

• Like 3

I agree with you.  Everyone here is patient, friendly and kind.  What's really great is that approach is carried over by the passengers on the ship too.  The "Virgin Vibe" is awesome (both on this board & on board).

I do agree with @billco - it's just a matter of time though.  As Virgin begins to tinker with their product (price, on board experience, menu, ports), that tends to be where people become way more opinionated.  Nobody likes to lose the things that are important to them on a sailing.

• Like 3