Hair Dryer on Viking Ocean?

kkelley

What type of hair dryer is provided in the cabins for Viking Ocean cruises?

I am accustomed to using a Dyson Hair Dryer and and torn if I really want to tote a hair dryer along.

Thank you in advance for your input.

• Like 1

Hi kkelley!

I fancy myself as a hairdryer expert and I have to say that the Viking Ocean hairdryer in the stateroom is awesome!

I also use a Dyson at home and once brought it to Europe (because I couldn't bear the thought of using anything else) but it didn't turn on with their current.

Since it didn't work I used the hairdryer in the cabin and it was fantastic.. so fantastic that I badgered them to let me buy one!  So now I bring that to Europe when we go away.

You can leave your Dyson at home and all will be well. 😊

50 minutes ago, Sleep7 said:

I looked at the list but didn't see hair dryer as a no no.

Thank goodness I don't style my hair with a stun gun or handcuffs because I would really be out of luck.🤣

I believe it's covered under the "Any electrical device that produces heat"

It's not listed explicitly as an example, but it's under prohibition as an electrical device that produces heat.  I remember for my first Viking cruise (river), I called about a month before the cruise with regards to hair dryer (whether they are provided onboard or I'll need to bring my own), and I was told not to bring my own, and that it'll be provided by Viking.

On a related note, I wasn't provided one on board right away, and I didn't get mine until day 7 because they, apparently, had a shortage (lol)

2 minutes ago, Sleep7 said:

Oh my goodness.. you are a patient saint.

I would have been badgering them daily for a hairdryer.😁

Odd that a curling iron is OK.. that seems more of a fire hazard than a hairdryer.

Our stewardess was a total sweetheart, and we didn't badger the front desk daily because she was doing it for us 😉

Whenever we saw her, she would tell us if she's already asked the front desk about it today or not (and, if not, she'd say she'll do it soon).  They managed to get a new batch of hairdryers on day 7 resupply, and we got ours that day.

And, yes, curling iron is a bit of curiosity.  I mean, air humidifiers and refreshers are unsafe while curling iron isn't?!

• Like 1