Expedition Ships - Afternoon Tea Service?

jdk-atlga

Greetings:

My wife and I will be on the SB Venture in April/May. We are also "consistent/persistent" afternoon tea people (rarely missing it on board - we tend to work our daily schedule around it (sad, but true)). Do the expedition ships still have the afternoon tea or are we all to be too busy/occupied with the other activities?

Thanks in advance...

Best, jdk

11 minutes ago, jdk-atlga said:

Greetings:

My wife and I will be on the SB Venture in April/May. We are also "consistent/persistent" afternoon tea people (rarely missing it on board - we tend to work our daily schedule around it (sad, but true)). Do the expedition ships still have the afternoon tea or are we all to be too busy/occupied with the other activities?

Thanks in advance...

Best, jdk

There is no such thing but on deck6 there is bar open 06.00-18.00  where you can have tea and small sandwiches and cookies (and ice cream :-)). So it should do the job. Of course if you are very particular about your tea just bring your favorite..

Edited by Khareef

7 minutes ago, jdk-atlga said:

And hot chocolate, most likely. 

thanks, jdk

Actually it was the one and only place where you could get decent espressos and cappuccinos. The ones served for breakfast were really terrible...So I would get coffee first on the square and then breakfast on the Colonnade 🙂

But I guess it depends on who is the barista. Each journey to its own barista

49 minutes ago, markandjie said:

We had afternoon tea on the Venture over the summer. But I don't think it happened every day. 

Edit: my wife thinks it was every day

On our Venture cruise to Greenland in September 2022 Afternoon Tea was served every day in the Constellation Lounge on Deck 9 at 4pm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
13 hours ago, Aexboeingdriver said:

We did an Iceland - Greenland cruise in June on the Venture. They only had afternoon tea on sea days. 

70776533458__D44DAEFE-7760-4B1E-A2A2-DCD4A91777FC.jpeg

Looks fantastic - hopefully they will GF options, like the other SB ships. As a follow-up question, did you have "sea days" tea  because it was only offered then or was it that you were too busy on regular days to partake? I'm hoping for the latter option. 3 months away for us...

Best, jdk

1 hour ago, jdk-atlga said:

Looks fantastic - hopefully they will GF options, like the other SB ships. As a follow-up question, did you have "sea days" tea  because it was only offered then or was it that you were too busy on regular days to partake? I'm hoping for the latter option. 3 months away for us...

Best, jdk

I mean you have a bar on the Square (DECK6)  where you can get tea/coffe and mini sandwiches and cookies  and ice cream every day until 5pm or 6pm (I forgot the exact time) so you can always have your afternoon tea and snacks even on excursions days if you wish so. So you are well covered on that any day.

6 hours ago, philbob84 said:

what brand of tea do they carry? 

I don't recall exactly but the kinda you find in any supermarket. So bring your own if you are very particular about it.