First time cruising from Australia

I also noticed that the food on Princess was more US style.  Everything seemed to have added sweetener, especially the salad dressings.  It was impossible to find breakfast cereal without added sugar.  Didn't worry most of the Americans, of course. One night, I sat at a shared table with a woman who ordered a Coke. She then tipped a package of sugar into it.

The other thing I found annoying was the amount of salt added to things like gravy. I learned to ask for my gravy in a separate bowl. 

We seem more knowledgable in Australia about the adverse effects of a high sugar and sodium diet.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, cruiser3775 said:

I also noticed that the food on Princess was more US style.  Everything seemed to have added sweetener, especially the salad dressings.  It was impossible to find breakfast cereal without added sugar.  Didn't worry most of the Americans, of course. One night, I sat at a shared table with a woman who ordered a Coke. She then tipped a package of sugar into it.

The other thing I found annoying was the amount of salt added to things like gravy. I learned to ask for my gravy in a separate bowl. 

We seem more knowledgable in Australia about the adverse effects of a high sugar and sodium diet.

That was a good idea.  I never think to ask for gravy to be in a separate bowl.  Yes and as a result our tastes are different.  On one cruise I went on, they had a special Indian Night.  This was the food the staff ate and was very popular with passengers.  On the last cruise I went on with Carnival Luminosa, they had indian meals you could choose for dinner.  I choose those meals every time.

On flights I always choose the food of the county of the carrier. Always delicious and a good choice.  The western scrambled eggs look terrible, but I've never tried it   

The best Indian food I have had on a cruise was on Carnival Splendor.  They had an Indian cafe on the pool deck, only open for lunch, which had really excellent authentic food from Indian, Sri Lanka,  and Pakistan, with different choices every day. 

1 hour ago, cruiser3775 said:

The best Indian food I have had on a cruise was on Carnival Splendor.  They had an Indian cafe on the pool deck, only open for lunch, which had really excellent authentic food from Indian, Sri Lanka,  and Pakistan, with different choices every day. 

Sounds a delicious choice.  On the cruise I was on they had a special Indian Night.  The waiters told me it was authentic and what they ate.  I ordered the Indian meal on Carnival Luminosa every time it was on the menu.  My daughter is currently flying with Qatar.  She ordered the Meze Platter.  You cant go wrong if you order the local food.