Elation Nov. 4, sort of Live...

Essiesmom

Just to wrap this up,  ow that I am home and had a nap.  I did t sleep well, watched us co e down the river and dock via the bridgecam.  Up in the buffet about 0630 for cottage cheese and melon.  It appeared to be another bacation day.  I cleared the cabin a little after 0700 and made my way finally to deck 7 for them to announce debark had begun.  Going from one floor to another was a pain with the elevators.  I knew platinums were to gather in the theater,  it also if I went to deck 8, when they started debark it would be a pain to get the elevator down to 7.  So I just went to 7, and as luck would have it, they had started.  And just as last time there was an empty hall for passport holders.  Don’t even need to show the book.  Step on the footprints, look at the camera, and off you go.  
  I had googled the Subaru dealership and knew the area, so off I went, across Dames Point bridge on the bypass, off to Atlantic Ave., found the dealer and went around to service area.  He pulled my car back and checked the tires, filled with air, and before I could hardly use the free Wi-Fi he was back to say all done.  
  I got back on Atlantic, made a U turn at the light to get back westbound, got back on the bypass…not sure I would do that again.  With the ongoing construction from Main Street exit on I think I would do better to get back on Heckscher Blvd, and go back past the zoo, the way I like to come.  Made it back into town again using my back roads route getting home just at the time my car told me ‘two hours since ignition’.  It’s 120 miles.  
  Need to fill the gas tank tomorrow before prices potentially go up again.  our Governor has suspended out state gas taxes the last two months which saves us about $.31/gal.  Lowest in town now is $2.69.  Prices should go back up on the 12th unless he suspends again.  State budget has a $4.8 billion surplus so he decided to give taxpayers a break rather than adding to the surplus.  I can think of a lot of things he could have done with that money, including fixing some roads…

Enough politics.  I am home, have had a nap, printed out my eTicket for my next cruise, now time to start mentally packing and make a hotel reservation for Dec. 6.  EM

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2