Regan Princess - 2025 April British isle cruise and balcony preference

sunscreen

Looking for advice on booking our first ever transatlantic cruise and visit to Europe.   We normally book a balcony however I am would like feedback on this ship in April for 24 days, would you book a balcony or AFT balcony due to it being cooler in temperatures?  Was looking at deck 9 as we are in our 50's and have no issues walking or taking stairs.    Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.   Also are the shore excursions booked with Princess in US dollars?  We are from Canada and I know when we did Princess in Australia you had the choice to have it in Canadian funds.    

Starboard side cabins will provide sun most  on the eastbound crossing. The sun is south of the ship when crossing. Deck 9 is fine. Aft facing cabins would only receive the evening sun when crossing. Any deck with cabins above and below would also be fine.

Currency will be in US$. 

Edited by skynight

I just got off the Regal a couple weeks ago, we had two Balcony Obstructed Deluxe cabins on deck 8. (E509 and E511).  The obstruction was minimal in my opinion, only the top of the tenders showing and we saved a lot of money booking this category. Also, the balconies were very warm for some reason, I think it was some sort of heat coming from below but they felt heated! Location was awesome because it was near the center stairs and elevator but not too close. 

On 11/8/2023 at 1:23 AM, sunscreen said:

Also are the shore excursions booked with Princess in US dollars?  We are from Canada and I know when we did Princess in Australia you had the choice to have it in Canadian funds.    

If you book in CAD, your shore excursions will be offered in CAD as well.  But of course, as other poster says currency on board is USD. 

2 hours ago, Snow cat said:

If you book in CAD, your shore excursions will be offered in CAD as well.  But of course, as other poster says currency on board is USD. 

They are only offered in USD online for us and we book our cruises in CAD. Is purchase in CAD an option by calling in?

I only see other pre-purchase items such as onboard credit, flats of water, etc  offered in CAD online.