Crystal iPhone app?

1st time aboard

9 minutes ago, 1st time aboard said:

There used to be an iPhone app you could download to your phone prior to your cruise to see menus, read newspapers, etc.

Does this app still exist or has the functionality migrated to the iPads now installed in the suites?

Not at this time.

On the ship in each room/suite,  they provide a tablet in each room. This has a lot of capabilities on it and does include reflections, newspapers, shore excursions ability to make reservations etc.

They do plan to expand this so it could be loaded onto smart phones.

Keith

• Like 1

Once onboard, you use a QR code on the iPad to get the onboard Crystal app.

I learned an interesting functionality. Last night, I wanted to read yesterday’s Reflections, but it had already transitioned to today’s. Back at Itinerary on the home page of the app, click, then scroll down and click on the plus sign to the right of the port and you get an option to click for Weather or for Daily Reflections for that day and port.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, May B said:

Once onboard, you use a QR code on the iPad to get the onboard Crystal app.

I learned an interesting functionality. Last night, I wanted to read yesterday’s Reflections, but it had already transitioned to today’s. Back at Itinerary on the home page of the app, click, then scroll down and click on the plus sign to the right of the port and you get an option to click for Weather or for Daily Reflections for that day and port.

Muriel, so you are saying you can now view it on the smart phone. I know that was the plan but wasn't sure they had it yet.

Keith

3 hours ago, Keith1010 said:

Muriel, so you are saying you can now view it on the smart phone. I know that was the plan but wasn't sure they had it yet.

Keith

They have it! I couldn’t do it myself so I asked one of the very helpful people at reception.

• Like 2

Keith, I was just on the Serenity Oct 5-13 . There is a QR code on the tablet in the room that allows you to download an app with data on the tablet to your smartphone. I have an iPhone and it worked perfectly. Can’t comment about an Android. It’s really great ! You have reflections, menus etc right on your phone anywhere on the ship! 

• Like 2