Dinner Seating

katiekatie

We've booked a cruise on the Summit in August to Alaska. When we were on the Infinity last month we had the second seating at 8:15.

My question is - how will the Summit's dinner seating work on the first night? The brochure states we depart Seward at 9:00pm....then there's the life boat drill.

Can anyone help? ... this is going way past my bedtime!:)

Any other thoughts on the Alaska cruise / speciality restaurant / spa / must do tours / etc. would be appreciated. This will be our first trip there - and I really can't wait!!!

Thanks!

When there is a late sailing...they sometimes hold muster the next day in the morning...In Jan. our sailing left at 10p.m. (wasn't supposed to....long, long, story), but muster was held at 10 a.m. the following morning.

Karyn

When we've had late departures there has been open seating the first night. They've handed us a card indicating which dinner seating they wanted us to go to (I imagine they give cards for the first seating to the first half of the arriving guests) and then we were seated at random tables as we arrived in the dining room. Now this has been on other lines, but I'd guess it is the same or similar on Celebrity for the late scheduled departures. If the ship doesn't leave until 9 then early seating diners could easily arrive after their dinner starts - or too late to make it in any event.

Our last two cruises were Celebrity from San Diego - both were 9:00 pm departures because the ships were coming up from Mexico - (Thank you Jones Act) - the life boat drill was prior to first seating dinner.

Both times we were at dinner as we sailed from S.D. Harbor - they did not do open seating. If they had we would have skipped dinner to enjoy the sail-away. We don't want to miss dinner on the first night so we can check out our table, waiter and table mates.

We leave in 6 weeks with a 5:00 pm departure - yeah! :)

Archived