12 Days on the Sun, 11/27-12/09/2023, looking for excursions

Mare749

Our first port is San Juan and it's a rather short stop 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. NCL does not offer any excursions for that evening.  I have seen some on other websites and am wondering if anyone is booking something for that evening or plan to get off the ship at all?  We have been to San Juan a number of times but have always had a tour booked. 

We’re on the same sailing. Tried to book the NCL Rum, Sun and Salsa tour but only one spot open.  Still watching to see if they add more excursions. If not, we may get off and just walk around a bit or more likely, just stay on the ship.  Last time we were in San Juan there were some demonstrations in the streets and we were glad we had a guide to steer us around them. I suspect that was an isolated instance but makes me a little wary of wandering around on our own. 

10 hours ago, Mare749 said:

Our first port is San Juan and it's a rather short stop 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. NCL does not offer any excursions for that evening.  I have seen some on other websites and am wondering if anyone is booking something for that evening or plan to get off the ship at all?  We have been to San Juan a number of times but have always had a tour booked. 

You may want to ask this in the Roll Call for your cruise.

15 hours ago, Mare749 said:

i just checked my reservation and there are 3 excursions shown as available for San Juan.

Last time we were at the port there was a private tour company Lucky Tours that gave a 2 hour tour of old and new San Juan for only 25$ cash payable at the end. We got in at 5 pm so it was a good way to spend 2 hours with all the stores closed except for Walgreens snd CVS which were packed. 

Thanks everyone for your replies.  I did book a tour for San Juan just because I am not able to walk for long periods of time, and did not want to stay on the ship.  I love Old San Juan and we are going to be right there.  But, not sure how I feel about walking around any place alone at night any more.  Must be getting old...