Should I Be Afraid of our Spring Break Cruise?

Kuyaba

I totally agree with the above posters also. I did not imply that I let my children run wild. As a matter of fact, when they went to Camp Carnival, I put them in the younger age group so they would not be free to roam the ship as they please. I think this is a real mistake that Camp Carnival makes. Anyone over 9 can sign themselves in and out! I was quite shocked to tell you the truth. But I will say, with over 150 kids on board, the drunken adults were still more disruptive and unruly. I did not let it ruin our time, I just went elsewhere on the ship. All in all, I thought the children on the ship were fine and I would not be too concerned about it.

• 3 months later...

This will be our third spring break cruise. I am planning on bringing a group with me this time, hope to finalize this week. This is a big spring break week for Indiana & Michigan. I plan on bringing 7- 18yr olds, 5, 14/15 yrs olds and their parents. In the past the other adults have been worse than the kids on the boat. If you book a higher level, more expensive cabin, you will be away from most of them. Pay close attention to the layout of the ship- whats on that floor, what above/below you.

I don't think you will have a problem, but the ship will be full!

Hope to see you there.

Victory 3/05

Destiny 6/04

Pride 3/03

Inspiration 3/02

I wouldn't do it... not trying to ruin your trip, but I've heard and have seen the worse behavior during S/B.... don't get me wrong, I love to party, but not when BOOM BLASTERS are blasting by pool, people doing beer bongs (all over), puking (by pool, in hallways), etc.! I've done it once, never again. Cousin of mine did it also, she was so disgusted that she didn't want to cruise on Carnival again. I tried to explain to her that it only happens during spring break. So she went again, with us, and she said it was day and night.... So, it all depends on what your tolerance level is. Now that I have kids, there's no way I would take them, nope, never, not even for FREE!

• 2 weeks later...

Just by accident today, I was looking at my "favorite places" and I found the following link for Spring Break. It has college dates for college break 2004, but not yet for 2005. But, as I said in the beginning, most colleges' break are the 2nd and 3rd weeks of March.

But, I have a question-- if you must have a 25 yo in each cabin, how can all of these college kids come on a cruise.

Regardless, I'm not going to let anything ruin my cruise and I've warned my group that it'll probably be a little crazy. My last cruise was so low-key that my BF and I are ready for some fun.

Just by accident today, I was looking at my "favorite places" and I found the following link for Spring Break. It has college dates for college break 2004, but not yet for 2005. But, as I said in the beginning, most colleges' break are the 2nd and 3rd weeks of March.

But, I have a question-- if you must have a 25 yo in each cabin, how can all of these college kids come on a cruise.

Regardless, I'm not going to let anything ruin my cruise and I've warned my group that it'll probably be a little crazy. My last cruise was so low-key that my BF and I are ready for some fun.

Someone over 25 is only required for those under 21

btw.....just turned 50 w/ 4 kids ranging from 7-18.......DW and I are booking for spring break......and the kids aren't going on this one.....we're gonna have some fun:D

That's what I mean. College kids are under 25. Dont' you go to college at 18 or 19 for 4 years. You would still be under 25. So, why would there be a lot of college students on spring break?

That's what I mean. College kids are under 25. Dont' you go to college at 18 or 19 for 4 years. You would still be under 25. So, why would there be a lot of college students on spring break?

Lots of college kids are over 21. If everyone in the cabin is over 21, they are not required to have a person aged 25 or over booked with them in the cabin.

I was on the Triumph this past March. I believe that the sailing date was the 13th. We had about a 1000 kids on board. I found the college age kids to be the best behaved. None of the kids really got out of hand......... well maybe a few but you could tell at times that there were a large amount of them on board. There were some moments that I had to wonder where the parents were but after being on the ship for a week with that many youngsters, it has made me come to the conclusion that I will not cruise during that time of year again. If you are a parent or are used to kids running around and making noise then it may not bother you but I can only take so much and then I am ready to get the heck out of dodge.

Don't let a few people scare you. The posts that get me are from people who say "I heard this or I heard that".

We have cruised during spring break 2 times and would love to go during spring break in 2005 - except my son is graduating HS and we let him select the cruise. He wants to wait until he turns 18 - which isn't until June - so he can gamble on the ship. I know it may sound silly to some - but it is "his" trip.

As I said we have done Spring Break twice - great weather. Sure - there are lots of kids - which means your kids will have a great time. We have NEVER had any major issues with spring break.

I think you need to decide based on whether the time of the year is good for you and if you can go with the flow if something happens.

My DH and I always cruise during the month of March and we love the fact that there are typically many college kids on the ship. It's makes the atmosphere a lot of fun. Don't worry...there still will be plenty of down time if you so choose. Also, the adults can get just as crazy too! I would agree with everyone that has posted. At least in the Northeast, typically March college breaks which can vary according to schools. Some high school do have a week in March but in Maine, many have Presidents' week (February) and Patriots Day week (April). Easter is also a time that many schools have off as well. In my opinion, those weeks are a million times worse than any week during March. Plus, airfare is sky high as well as cabin rates. Go and enjoy and don't worry!! There are cruisers of all ages on Carnival and most are young at heart which makes is a lot of fun.

Archived