Drink Package Question

nemesees

2 hours ago, nemesees said:

Thank you. I guess we need to purchase our own, or bring one from home.

The ship has glassware, no need to bring some from home. With that said I do bring a water bottle so that I can carry my water around easily on ship or in port.

i haven’t sailed RCL. i take it the cup is the indicator that you’ve purchased the drink or soda package? and that is how bartenders know they can do an authorized pour? on NCL, your keycard carries that indication, both printed on it and embedded in a chip within.

FYI, bottled water or water in a carton is not included in NCL’s entry level drinks package.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, UKstages said:

i haven’t sailed RCL. i take it the cup is the indicator that you’ve purchased the drink or soda package? and that is how bartenders know they can do an authorized pour? on NCL, your keycard carries that indication, both printed on it and embedded in a chip within.

FYI, bottled water or water in a carton is not included in NCL’s entry level drinks package.

Most of the ships have a couple of Coke Freestyle machines and the cup has a chip in it to tell the machine that you have the package.  You can still go to the bar and ask the bartender though.

That would be a lot of disposable cups when trying to go “green”.

There should be a better way to carry soda for the younger kids rather than glass. Especially in pool area, which surely would fall into disposable cups containers.

I may bring my RCL cup from home and maybe NCL might someday copy.
Easier to fill with ice for overnight cold water. I don’t want to inconvenience cabin steward who already has too much to do.