Non-alchoholic Frozen Drinks Price?

Travelling2Some

I seem to recall that virgin frozen strawberry daiquiri type drinks are not included in NCL's soda packages, correct?  How much are they each when paying out of pocket?  Bottled water is also bought as a separate item as well and not included in the soda package?  The person asking me is sailing on the Joy if that makes any difference.  They don't drink alcohol or sodas.  Thanks for the information.

They are definitely part of the Free at Sea beverage package (I can never remember the name of it since NCL changes it weekly - it seems). My husband cruised with the soda package on a previous cruise. We were finding most mocktails to be between $6 and $8, plus 20% gratuity. Definitely not included in the soda package.

• Like 1

Thanks!  The answer seems to be between $6 and $8 plus 20 per cent gratuity per mocktail.  Since these folks don't drink alcohol or soda, buying bottled water and the occasional mocktail without any package would be their best bet (unless they are going to drink 4 mocktails every day, which I guess is a possibility).  I think NCL does have some kind of water package where it is delivered to your cabin on the first day?  I, myself, am not familiar with not drinking on cruise ships so I did not know what to tell them. One of them has an allergy-like reaction to liquor (she would be sick the rest of the night) so I'm going to warn them to watch the bartender carefully as he might put it in from force of habit. 

Incidentally, years ago mocktails were included in the soda package.  Our kids used to love them as younger teenagers.

3 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

One of them has an allergy-like reaction to liquor (she would be sick the rest of the night) so I'm going to warn them to watch the bartender carefully as he might put it in from force of habit. 

I had to drink two or three of my husband's "mock"tails as the bartender did put a generous pour of alcohol in the drink. I suppose out of habit, so yes, be sure to let them know to question, smell, take a tiny sip to be sure there is no alcohol. It didn't happen often, but it definitely happened more than once on one cruise. 

29 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I had to drink two or three of my husband's "mock"tails as the bartender did put a generous pour of alcohol in the drink. I suppose out of habit, so yes, be sure to let them know to question, smell, take a tiny sip to be sure there is no alcohol. It didn't happen often, but it definitely happened more than once on one cruise. 

Thanks for the warning.  I know she was accidentally served once when we sailed together and even though she only had about a quarter of the drink she missed the rest of that evening 😞

• Like 1

Does anyone know what the procedure is for declining the drink package.  In other words, does NCL discount the purchase price of the cruise? And if so, what is the discounted amount? my husband and I do not drink alcohol. Has anyone had this same circumstance? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

23 hours ago, TheDawg79 said:

Mocktails and bottled water are not part of the soda package. Only soda is….hence the name.

Bar juices are included in the soda package though, so not ONLY soda.

The mojito bar on the Encore was happy to muddle some mint and add lime into pineapple juice for me, so essentially a virgin pineapple mojito. They were delicious.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, donanddiane said:

Does anyone know what the procedure is for declining the drink package.  In other words, does NCL discount the purchase price of the cruise? And if so, what is the discounted amount? my husband and I do not drink alcohol. Has anyone had this same circumstance? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

No, if you decline the drink package you only do not pay the tips for it. You do this when you book the cruise, by unselecting the drink package. It takes the bottom line down quite a bit ($22 a day per person, IIRC).  I don't drink alcohol, so I declined it. You cannot change it out for a soda package or a non-alcoholic package, if you want that, you just have to pay for it.   (In theory, you could get the included package and just not order alcohol, there are plenty of other drinks it covers!  It just wasn't worth $22/day for me.  But a few mocktails daily and you'd meet that no problem.)

The drink package is "officially" a freebie (despite everyone knowing it is just packaged into the cruise price), so no discount is given for not taking it.

32 minutes ago, skittl1321 said:

Bar juices are included in the soda package though, so not ONLY soda.

The mojito bar on the Encore was happy to muddle some mint and add lime into pineapple juice for me, so essentially a virgin pineapple mojito. They were delicious.  

Non fresh squeezed juices are included in your basic cruise fare. That had nothing to do with the soda package. The description on NCL’s page ONLY mentions soda.image.thumb.png.7c33680e3bfab66ec2895cfc9260dd7b.png

15 minutes ago, TheDawg79 said:

Non fresh squeezed juices are included in your basic cruise fare. That had nothing to do with the soda package. The description on NCL’s page ONLY mentions soda.

The NCL app has a different listing. It says "bar juices".  I am trying to find if I have a screenshot, as I noticed this pre-cruise and had to ask for clarification.   I don't have a cruise booked right now, so I can't go and take a screenshot.

My understanding is juices from the bar are NOT included in the cruise fare. Only juices from the buffet.  

Edited by skittl1321