3nt Sovereign Formal Nt???

We are thinking about going on Sovereign Oct 20-23 (2006) as a short Fall Break trip. Cannot take the whole week......4 days better than none :D

What night is formal night on this cruise.....there are only 3 evenings....first night (I assume nobody would have luggage that night).....Nassau night (won't everyone be off the ship?).....last night.....none of these sounds like a good option to me :confused:

For those of you who have done this cruise can you help us out? Any other thoughts on this cruise/ship also appreciated!

Thanks! Rene

We were debating to bring or not to bring formals for such a short cruise....we are spending several days in Orlando at the Nickelodeon Hotel (it is too awesome for words!) prior to this short cruise.....luggage space is tight with 5 of us going.....

Thanks so much for your reply....we will be off in Nassau (Atlantis) at dinner time so the formals can stay at home :D

If it was the last night we would have brought them.....we will not miss tip night (and will tip for 3 nights even if we only go to dinner 2)....this way everyone is happy!

Anyone else with Sovereign comments?

Rene

When we did this cruise, we dressed for formal night, ate, then went to Atlantis--still all gussied up! It was great fun! (Ship didn't depart until 2am)

Caught a limo from the hotel back to the ship--just in time for the sounding of the ship's horn! Great cruise!

Just Add Water --- Hey! My best friend and I are going on that same cruise. Girls weekend away!

We're just going to pack a cocktail dress-nothing fancy. After so many cruises, we go the less stress route!

We were debating to bring or not to bring formals for such a short cruise....we are spending several days in Orlando at the Nickelodeon Hotel (it is too awesome for words!) prior to this short cruise.....luggage space is tight with 5 of us going.....

Thanks so much for your reply....we will be off in Nassau (Atlantis) at dinner time so the formals can stay at home :D

If it was the last night we would have brought them.....we will not miss tip night (and will tip for 3 nights even if we only go to dinner 2)....this way everyone is happy!

Anyone else with Sovereign comments?

Rene

For the first time ever, we did not spend much time in the dining room ( only formal night) on the 4 night Sovereign. This was due to table mates and poor service for formal night ( my husband had to get up and find someone to get him a drink plus it took almost 2 1/2 hours) I heard the same thing happened the night before in the dining room. I was afraid we would be joining the late seating group coming in.. Personally, I would leave the formals at home. There is no lobster on the Sovereign and almost the same food was in the Windjammer plus more choices. We were still able to tip the full amount by leaving the enverlope in a box at Guest Relations. Have fun!

Thanks to all for the information......especially Carol.....your review was very informative......

We had seen the travel show on Sovereign but had forgotten about it....will have to watch if it repeats....I do remember the clock part!

We were on Sovereign in 2000 (4 night that time) and quite frankly it was awful :( .....but we have heard such great things since it came back from drydock we are going to give it another try.

Look forward to lots of eating and drinking with DBPD911 and the others who join us in October!

Rene

We were on Sov. in Dec for the 4 nt. Bolero Bar was GREAT! w/ great deal on 2/4/1 Mojitos during happy hr. We never went to the dining room. The buffet was pretty good and afternoon tea has a very full buffet selection as well. It was NOT the best cruise we ever went on but a good value for a long weekend. Many of the public areas did not look refurbished to me and our cabin definatly wasn't. We still had a good relaxing trip. This ship is a training vessel for RCCL and you will notice. Our cabin steward was a veteran and service from him was great. ENJOY!

Archived