Couples massage question

LivnOnVacation

When I was reading about the couples massage on the princess app, it says that they add 18% gratuities to the price. But I was reading on princesses website that when you purchase the princess plus package all your gratuities including spa treatments are included. So I guess my question is, are they going to add 18% or are they included?

Here is the link to the Plus and Premier package terms and conditions. It only addresses Crew Appreciation, which is your daily gratuity fee. I don't see anything that says that gratuities for spa or salon treatments are included. I believe you would still be expected to pay the automatic gratuity for those services.

https://www.princess.com/en-us/cruise-deals-promotions/plus-premier-cruise-packages/terms-and-conditions

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LivnOnVacation said:

When I was reading about the couples massage on the princess app, it says that they add 18% gratuities to the price. But I was reading on princesses website that when you purchase the princess plus package all your gratuities including spa treatments are included. So I guess my question is, are they going to add 18% or are they included?

My husband and 8 did a couples massage in January this year on the Grand. On day one in the afternoon a charge appeared on our folio from the spa. We went to Guest Services to ask what is was for and they told us that this was the gratuity huge for our upcoming spa. We informed them that we thought this was inappropriate to take the money before the massage has actually happened as we could still cancel. Their reply was it is their practice to do this nd if we canceled just come back to sort it out.

So no your gratuity for spa services is not included with your Plus or Premier package. BTW we had a plus package.

Hope that helps.

Plus and Premier do NOT cover spa gratuities. It only covers the “normal” gratuities for the cabin steward, MDR staff, buffet staff, etc. When you purchase something above and beyond what is covered by your normal cruise fare….gratuities are added. It’s no different than them being added to purchased drinks, drink packages, and specialty dining. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, skynight said:

Plus/Premier also covers the 18% beverage service charge.

So long as the drink is within the limits set per your package, if you go over you pay 18% on the amount over the set amount.

Edited by mrell345

14 hours ago, LivnOnVacation said:

Gratuities for spa services have never been covered by the packages. What is covered are Crew Appreciation and gratuities for drinks covered by the plan. The Spa is a franchise operation