Anyone on a cruise to Turkey that was cancelled for next March or early April?

Hambagahle

We are sailing on Vista from Malta to Trieste 21 April 2024.  2 weeks ago Oceania cancelled our two ports in Turkey and added ports in Greece and Montenegro.  But so far they have not indicated what excursions will be available and when I go to "Manage my Booking" I cannot book them there either.  My record shows I have one booked (but with the itin. change it is now on the wrong day!).  However it also shows I have no SM credit left.  Which is clearly an error.    

So my question - if you are sailing in the Med. in late March/early April and have had ports in Turkey or elsewhere cancelled have you had your account updated and can you now book excursions?  I am just trying to get a fix on the timeline involved!  Thank you very much!

IME it can take weeks before the excursions show online.  Sometimes a new Shore Excursion pdf will have them listed earlier.  Following advice from fellow posters, I never book my excursions online, but rather call O to book.  They allow this even if a TA is used.  The online booking of excursions can be “glitchy”, and never seems to display the discounts appropriately.  Stay patient and occasionally check for availability…

3 hours ago, Hambagahle said:

We are sailing on Vista from Malta to Trieste 21 April 2024.  2 weeks ago Oceania cancelled our two ports in Turkey and added ports in Greece and Montenegro.  But so far they have not indicated what excursions will be available and when I go to "Manage my Booking" I cannot book them there either.  My record shows I have one booked (but with the itin. change it is now on the wrong day!).  However it also shows I have no SM credit left.  Which is clearly an error.    

So my question - if you are sailing in the Med. in late March/early April and have had ports in Turkey or elsewhere cancelled have you had your account updated and can you now book excursions?  I am just trying to get a fix on the timeline involved!  Thank you very much!

We are on the same cruise as you and excursions are not yet showing. We had originally £600 towards excursions but the £600 has not been credited. Our account shows we have £222 left to spend on excursions.

Also I see the cruise is now approximately £400 per person cheaper than when we originally booked. This is to do with the Black Friday sale.

5 minutes ago, cricketlover said:

We are on the same cruise as you and excursions are not yet showing. We had originally £600 towards excursions but the £600 has not been credited. Our account shows we have £222 left to spend on excursions.

Also I see the cruise is now approximately £400 per person cheaper than when we originally booked. This is to do with the Black Friday sale.

Ring your TA and get them to try for the reduction.

• Like 1

I thought about that as well - we are obviously in the same boat! -   but I seem to remember from the past that the cruise lines won't reduce existing booking fare just because they have a promotion.

I have been in touch with my TA in Texas.  She says that everything at Oceania is frantic with loads of changed itineraries and ports, tours etc.  She expects (read "hopes") that I will hear something in early December.

Right now, on the SimplyMore programme, I have $800 in excursion credits for our suite (2p) and have used some for the Delos Excursion from Mykonos.  That must still be happening though the site shows it on the wrong day.

I also have a cooking class booked on 27 April.  Which is now a sea day.  Originally it was supposed to be on 28 April I think.  But it hasn't been changed.   I suppose they will make all the changes at once though.

What a mess!  And so unnecessary...

• Like 1