Miami Parking Garage no porters

dgramling

In past cruises out of Miami, they had porters in the parking garage on the levels that had open parking to take your luggage. On the cruise that we just got back from (Oasis 7 night) they didn't. Is this a one-off or did they stop this practice? There was quite the backup getting into the curbside drop-off, so even though it was a pain I still would have lugged my luggage down the elevator anyhow, but the porters being in the garage was so convenient. It will make me rethink driving to Miami in the future.  I considered taking Brightline as we usually come from a family home stopover on the space coast, but didn't want the hassle of luggage in an Uber.

No porters when we cruised out of Miami last November and January.  We did the brightline on the January cruise and it was no issue. We were staying downtown the night before the cruise and booked transport through brightline to the hotel then the hotel had a shuttle for $10 each.

We fulltime RV in a 5th Wheel and have a dually truck taking that thing into downtown Miami last November was not fun hence why we did the Brightline.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Xtentions said:

We fulltime RV in a 5th Wheel and have a dually truck taking that thing into downtown Miami last November was not fun hence why we did the Brightline.

Just ran this through “Google Translator” and it’s told me I have to pay $25 for the AI version? 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, dgramling said:

In past cruises out of Miami, they had porters in the parking garage on the levels that had open parking to take your luggage. On the cruise that we just got back from (Oasis 7 night) they didn't. Is this a one-off or did they stop this practice? There was quite the backup getting into the curbside drop-off, so even though it was a pain I still would have lugged my luggage down the elevator anyhow, but the porters being in the garage was so convenient. It will make me rethink driving to Miami in the future.  I considered taking Brightline as we usually come from a family home stopover on the space coast, but didn't want the hassle of luggage in an Uber.

What terminaI and how long ago? I have  cruised out of the updated Terminal A several dozen times since 2019 and have never seen porters in the parking garage. Also, I have never seen porters in the parking garage the handful of times I have sailed from Terminal G. 

2 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

What terminaI and how long ago? I have  cruised out of the updated Terminal A several dozen times since 2019 and have never seen porters in the parking garage. Also, I have never seen porters in the parking garage the handful of times I have sailed from Terminal G. 

Terminal A, I know they did it for both our Symphony cruise in '19 and our Oasis cruise in '20 I was able to find this video on Youtube of them doing it in '18 

Edited by dgramling