Crab Shack Disappointment

dweeb

On the Discovery Princess, Absolutely the worst experience in the crab shack!   Ordered the Alaskan seafood boil like always, got much less than normal.  There wasn't any Snow crab included with the dish.  When I mentioned to the waiter, he claimed that the chef forgot to include them and would get them.  When he returned, he brought us each 2 snow crab claws.  See included picture. ( I had already ate one of the claws)   The Dungeness crab were fine and as expected.  When I complained to the manager, he just said that is what the menu states, snow crab claws, and this is what you got and walked away.  Since this is a pay extra meal, I was not happy!  For comparison, I have included pictures of my same entree's from crab shack in September on the Royal, and October on the

Crown. IMG_1040.thumb.jpg.64ccf9e2d9fa8ce6a98fefa45157b72e.jpg IMG_1011.thumb.jpg.2aaa0bb00f72f2979909f6cd7b9aa202.jpgIMG_0930.thumb.jpg.8e1785b2116a30e4ba17b0eb9273424f.jpg

Edited by dweeb
spelling
  • Like 1

• dweeb changed the title to Crab Shack Disappointment

My husband and I have noticed and discussed the inconsistency in service and quality across the different ships within the line.   For example, Sabatini's food and service on one ship was fantastic but was horrible on another, just a month or two later.  I don't think that the supply quality and customer service training changed that fast.  Ocean now can be great on one ship and almost non-existent on another.   On the Grand it worked perfectly, and, on the Ruby, it almost never worked and if it did it took forever.  So, I can see the point of the poster, as he had reasonable expectations and was dismissed when he pointed them out.  The inconsistencies are frustrating.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dweeb said:

On the Discovery Princess, Absolutely the worst experience in the crab shack!   Ordered the Alaskan seafood boil like always, got much less than normal.  There wasn't any Snow crab included with the dish.  When I mentioned to the waiter, he claimed that the chef forgot to include them and would get them.  When he returned, he brought us each 2 snow crab claws.  See included picture. ( I had already ate one of the claws)   The Dungeness crab were fine and as expected.  When I complained to the manager, he just said that is what the menu states, snow crab claws, and this is what you got and walked away.  Since this is a pay extra meal, I was not happy!  For comparison, I have included pictures of my same entree's from crab shack in September on the Royal, and October on the

Crown. IMG_1040.thumb.jpg.64ccf9e2d9fa8ce6a98fefa45157b72e.jpg IMG_1011.thumb.jpg.2aaa0bb00f72f2979909f6cd7b9aa202.jpgIMG_0930.thumb.jpg.8e1785b2116a30e4ba17b0eb9273424f.jpg

What is the cost of Crab Shack on the Discovery?  Thanks.

4 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Never been to the crab shack.  Did you feel you got value for the money?  

On this cruise, this time, NO!   Previous cruises I did feel we got value in the meal.  That's why we continued to go.  Have to re-think that now.

• Thanks 1