What's embarkation like now (Nov 2023) for NCL in Panama City, Panama?

LoganTheCruiser

I understand the new cruise terminal has been under construction since last year. Is it done? Is everything running smoothly now? It says my cruise departs at 11:59pm but the latest embarkation time I saw was 5pm. Does anyone know if it's possible to board later than 5pm? What if my flight is delayed and I can't get there sooner? If I showed up to the port at 9pm and the ship still wasn't going to leave for another 3 hours, would they really just wave at me for 3 hours and then sail away? The customer service rep at NCL I talked to said YES. 

26 minutes ago, LoganTheCruiser said:

I understand the new cruise terminal has been under construction since last year. Is it done? Is everything running smoothly now? It says my cruise departs at 11:59pm but the latest embarkation time I saw was 5pm. Does anyone know if it's possible to board later than 5pm? What if my flight is delayed and I can't get there sooner? If I showed up to the port at 9pm and the ship still wasn't going to leave for another 3 hours, would they really just wave at me for 3 hours and then sail away? The customer service rep at NCL I talked to said YES. 

Since you just posted this in another thread, I'll answer here as well.

It is likely that onshore staff goes home at 5:00. You can't get on a ship if there is no one to transfer your bags, scan your carry-ons, or check you in.  Yes, they will just wave at you and sail away.

Edited by IAcruising
  • Like 2

59 minutes ago, LoganTheCruiser said:

I understand the new cruise terminal has been under construction since last year. Is it done? Is everything running smoothly now?

The new cruise terminal at Fuerte Amador has actually been under construction for years, is well behind schedule, and is still not done. A good place to get information about the status is over in the Panama Canal Ports of Call Forum, where this is a subject of discussion:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/54-panama-canal/

When is your cruise? 

• Like 1