Buying Princess plus on board

dakacz

9 hours ago, palolake said:

Yes you could do that.  But if you cancel the cruise, you will lose out on the money you paid for Princess Plus.  It makes no sense to me why they don't refund that part but they don't. And that's why it's included in insurance. 

My experience shows this isn’t always the case.  I purchased the standard fare on a 14-day cruise and added the insurance.   Anytime I checked upgrade prices prior to boarding, they always included an increase in the insurance premium.  I upgraded to Premier onboard (day 1) with no increase in insurance premium.  We received a $10 pp discount as a refund for the shipping costs.  I have another cruise (4 day) booked for this month.  I booked the standard fare and added insurance.  A few months after booking I upgraded to Premier.  This time my insurance premium didn’t increase.  I’m assuming my new cruise fare was still low enough ($770) that it was covered under the original  $39/$59 insurance premiums.  My 14-day cruise cost 10 times that.

On 11/29/2023 at 11:55 AM, ruimin said:

The Classic Soda package, we don’t drink a lot of soda, so can we get bottles water instead? Thanks for the tip.

ruimin

Unfortunately bottled water isn't included, nor regular coffee at the IC.

It seems silly since people will just drink more seltzer water anyway or purchase the water package.