Formal Night in the Caribbean

CLOU

I can’t remember. Is there still a formal night in the Caribbean? It’s not a big deal because my husband wears a sports jacket to dinner most nights on a cruise anyway, and I can always wear a nice sundress. But, my husband thinks they did away with formal nights in the Caribbean and I didn’t think so.

Yes, but plenty of ways to comply with the dress code on formal night while in the Caribbean.

No need to wear a tux/gown and dark business suit or jacket.  Sundress and a light colored sport coat with collared shirt for him is fine.

Edited by stan01

1 hour ago, caviarforme said:

Just about to join Ovation in Lisbon for 21 days across the Atlantic with 11 days in the Caribbean. There are 4 formal nights listed of which 2 will be in the Caribbean. Dress up and enjoy style!!!!

We join for 28 days - 5 formal nights

Last night was the first formal night on the Ovation Crossing.   I was surprised at the number of tuxes and dinner jackets.     The men really dressed for the occasion in the Restaurant and most or all tables were filled by 7:30.   Even the Staff Captain at our table remarked about the number of diners considering we had 100 less passengers than the cruise before, Rome to Lisbon.

• Like 3

Just finished Caribbean Cruise. In restaurant on first formal night everyone looked good. I wore a dinner suit. I have one, it travels well and I think its worth the effort. Probably 25% of men wore a dinner suit with the rest in a lounge suit or sports jacket. 
The second night people looked a bit less formal but still all made an effort.

Was horrified in TK one night however. A ‘gentleman’ was wearing an out of shape golf/polo shirt which I wouldn’t have worn on a building site and a pair of cargo shorts and sandals. In fact he wore the same clothes at breakfast, every day I saw him. His wife looked very elegant. Very strange!

On 11/23/2023 at 4:38 PM, Dunnedg said:

Just finished Caribbean Cruise. In restaurant on first formal night everyone looked good. I wore a dinner suit. I have one, it travels well and I think its worth the effort. Probably 25% of men wore a dinner suit with the rest in a lounge suit or sports jacket. 
The second night people looked a bit less formal but still all made an effort.

Was horrified in TK one night however. A ‘gentleman’ was wearing an out of shape golf/polo shirt which I wouldn’t have worn on a building site and a pair of cargo shorts and sandals. In fact he wore the same clothes at breakfast, every day I saw him. His wife looked very elegant. Very strange!

Pity his poor wife.

Had he lost his luggage do you think?

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2023 at 5:57 PM, CLOU said:

I can’t remember. Is there still a formal night in the Caribbean? It’s not a big deal because my husband wears a sports jacket to dinner most nights on a cruise anyway, and I can always wear a nice sundress. But, my husband thinks they did away with formal nights in the Caribbean and I didn’t think so.

Did the transatlantic on Ovation and stayed on for the next two weeks in Caribbean ( currently on our last week).

Pleasantly surprised that not only has there  been more men in dinner suits than on the transatlantic but also many younger men also in dinner suits.

Dining room tonight looked great - many men in dinner suits and many women in great dresses.

My husband and I like to wear formal wear 😀 

• Like 1