Sabatini's Menu Question

helenb

I've been looking at the Sabatini's menu for our upcoming cruise on Regal. I'm looking at this menu:

https://freestyletravelers.com/s/Sabatinis-Trattoria-Menu.pdf

The front page says that the $35 cover charge includes one selection from 'each course'. So what are the courses? To me, it looks like:

Soup or Salad

Arancini

Antipasti

Primi Piatti

Secondi Piatti

And presumably a dessert...? (not listed on the menu)

Is that correct? That's a lot of courses! This seems much more reasonable than the $39 for Crown Grill single-appetizer/entree/dessert.

Related question... when are the menus for the cruise posted on the medallion app? I'd like to know what the MDR is doing so that I can book Sabatini's on a night where the MDR does not excite us. We're on a holiday cruise so I'm guessing that the menus will be shifted around from the usual.

Guest Michael4650
2 minutes ago, helenb said:

I've been looking at the Sabatini's menu for our upcoming cruise on Regal. I'm looking at this menu:

https://freestyletravelers.com/s/Sabatinis-Trattoria-Menu.pdf

The front page says that the $35 cover charge includes one selection from 'each course'. So what are the courses? To me, it looks like:

Soup or Salad

Arancini

Antipasti

Primi Piatti

Secondi Piatti

And presumably a dessert...? (not listed on the menu)

Is that correct? That's a lot of courses! This seems much more reasonable than the $39 for Crown Grill single-appetizer/entree/dessert.

Related question... when are the menus for the cruise posted on the medallion app? I'd like to know what the MDR is doing so that I can book Sabatini's on a night where the MDR does not excite us. We're on a holiday cruise so I'm guessing that the menus will be shifted around from the usual.

That is a lot of courses and we never eat all them. Th Arancini comes automatically then we usually have an app and a pasta followed by dessert. I would never have enough room for a main course 

Menus show up usually on the morning for that day they will not show on the app ahead of time. At least they have not for me

Thank you for the confirmation, Michael! I guess I'll just have to make a reservation and hope we're not missing some great MDR meal that night. 😉

I love arancini, so I was wondering if I'd have to choose between that and a soup or other appetizer. Good to know that all 3 will be available! We'll treat it like chef's table and make sure that we are super hungry before we go!

We just ate at Sabatini's a couple of nights ago.  We made the mistake of having a mid-afternoon snack. We absolutely couldn't eat everything that they laid out before us, even though it was some of the best lasagna I have ever had. DON'T eat before going...and *maybe* even cut back on your lunch!

Guest Michael4650
1 hour ago, helenb said:

Thank you for the confirmation, Michael! I guess I'll just have to make a reservation and hope we're not missing some great MDR meal that night. 😉

I love arancini, so I was wondering if I'd have to choose between that and a soup or other appetizer. Good to know that all 3 will be available! We'll treat it like chef's table and make sure that we are super hungry before we go!

Even if you don’t make advance reservations you can usually get a table the day of as long as you don’t mind eating later in the evening   We have never seen a full house there at 8:00 

At Sabatini’s and Crown Grill, we’ve always been allowed additional appetizers or desserts, if anyone can eat that much. Indeed our last Sabatini’s waiter suggested fried calamari for the table in addition to the appetizers each ordered. It was a good suggestion. 

As the menu states, there is an extra charge for pastas and main courses. 

I think Crown Grill is officially four courses: appetizer, soup or salad, main, and dessert. 

Edited by EconDoc

7 minutes ago, Michael4650 said:

Even if you don’t make advance reservations you can usually get a table the day of as long as you don’t mind eating later in the evening   We have never seen a full house there at 8:00 

Unfortunately, that's exactly when we don't want to eat. We are early people who like to eat between 5 and 6 pm. I think I'm just going to gamble on a sea day. Maybe the day after the holiday. 

Just now, Michael4650 said:

There as not a full house when we were there at 6:00pm!