Premier: Can we share our 2 Specialty Dining Credits w/ another cabin?

TN-Mountains

We are a family of 5 booked in two cabins.  The kids are 13, 12 & 10.  Mom & daughter (10) booked the Premier fare, so we each have 2 Specialty Dining Credits.  Dad and sons have the standard fare.  When I try to book specialty dining for the 5 of us, it shows a Dining Credit of $136.50, so they are giving us credit for 3 adults & one child and only require $39 to secure the reservation.  This might be a silly question, but does that mean we can share our specialty dining credits once onboard, or are they just letting us use them to secure the reservation? 

Your question is not clear to me, but see if this answers your question.

I am traveling with a friend in a separate cabin. I have Premier and my friend has standard. Since I have 2 specialty dining credits, I can go to specialty dining 2x by myself OR once and take my friend as my guest and it will use my 2 dining credits. 

On board, inform when you are making reservation, you want to use one of your dining credits for passenger without credit.

Princess considers child pricing up to age 12, since you have daughter aged 10 booked in your cabin, this may be why you are getting child dining credit ‘value’? You may want to consider changing your booking so 13 year old is on your booking, so you should get dining credits for 4 adult pricing? 

Princess does not care if you decide to swap on board, who will be sleeping in which cabin. Go to guest services and have them program your medallions to be able to access the ‘other’ cabin. 

I assume you booked one adult in each cabin because of your children’s ages. I believe most cruiselines will waive this rule if you are booking connecting or adjacent cabins, if your plan is eventually to have all the kids share one cabin. Princess or your travel agent should be able to book this/revise for you. Since you have 2 kids age 12 or under,  having 2 child dining credits is ok. Another family or in another year, you might consider this booking strategy.

I think I understand this.  You and your daughter each have 2 dining credits thus, the $39 for that fifth attendee.  
Per protocol, and I asked this very question recently, you really aren’t supposed to share the dining credits but in reality, they are pretty flexible, as long as one of you shows up.  
The question really comes into play if you completely give them up to someone else not in your group.  

59 minutes ago, wallyj said:

Your question is not clear to me, but see if this answers your question.

I am traveling with a friend in a separate cabin. I have Premier and my friend has standard. Since I have 2 specialty dining credits, I can go to specialty dining 2x by myself OR once and take my friend as my guest and it will use my 2 dining credits. 

On board, inform when you are making reservation, you want to use one of your dining credits for passenger without credit.

Princess considers child pricing up to age 12, since you have daughter aged 10 booked in your cabin, this may be why you are getting child dining credit ‘value’? You may want to consider changing your booking so 13 year old is on your booking, so you should get dining credits for 4 adult pricing? 

Princess does not care if you decide to swap on board, who will be sleeping in which cabin. Go to guest services and have them program your medallions to be able to access the ‘other’ cabin. 

I assume you booked one adult in each cabin because of your children’s ages. I believe most cruiselines will waive this rule if you are booking connecting or adjacent cabins, if your plan is eventually to have all the kids share one cabin. Princess or your travel agent should be able to book this/revise for you. Since you have 2 kids age 12 or under,  having 2 child dining credits is ok. Another family or in another year, you might consider this booking strategy.

Thank you, this answered my question!  I was confused by the dining credit because I didn't think we were allowed to share food/drinks obtained with the Premier or Plus Packages. It was also strange that they counted my 10-year-old daughter's credits towards both an adult and a child.  I'm not complaining about that, it just took me a second to figure out what was going on because I was expecting our credit to be $117 (2x39 +2x19.50).   I was worried it was another IT glitch.  🙂 

As for the 12-year-old...When I make the reservation in the app, it appears only those "under 12" will be half-price.  It is weird that this doesn't align with their kids & teens program where the 12-year-old will be with the younger kids.  Oh well, I'm not going to lose any sleep over this...just mentioning it in case someone else is wondering about the age cut-off.  🙂  

36 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I think I understand this.  You and your daughter each have 2 dining credits thus, the $39 for that fifth attendee.  
Per protocol, and I asked this very question recently, you really aren’t supposed to share the dining credits but in reality, they are pretty flexible, as long as one of you shows up.  
The question really comes into play if you completely give them up to someone else not in your group.  

Yeah, that is what confused me...I didn't think we were supposed to share!  Thanks for clearing that up for me.  It is only a 4-day cruise, so I like the idea of using all 4 of our credits in one meal!  It makes advanced planning much easier!!! 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TN-Mountains said:

Yeah, that is what confused me...I didn't think we were supposed to share!  Thanks for clearing that up for me.  It is only a 4-day cruise, so I like the idea of using all 4 of our credits in one meal!  It makes advanced planning much easier!!! 

The language/text on the Princess website states you are NOT allowed to share. I think this is in reference to casual dining, such as Alfredo’s where 2 passengers want to ‘share’ one casual dining credit, as one Pizza would be plenty for them.

A recent thread shows a passenger was told NO sharing by the server, but the Manager said it would be ok, just make sure the check in person knows your intention so the billing would reflect only I credit used. I am not sure this policy is being enforced the same on every ship. YMMV.

In the case of sharing a dining credit where you want your 2 credits from Premier package to cover yourself and another passenger, I have not had a problem when I had Premier and having my second credit used towards another passenger dining with me, as I travel solo often and will invite a guest to join me on occasion.

• Like 1