Jade Bedside USB

RedRover96

I've looked and can't find any specific info on Jades bedside USB charger. Is the port a type A or type C? Above the bed or on bedside table?  We use a charging stand that allows our phones to double as a bedside clock, just want to pack the correct type/length cable.

Thanks,

RedRover

1 hour ago, RedRover96 said:

I've looked and can't find any specific info on Jades bedside USB charger. Is the port a type A or type C? Above the bed or on bedside table?  We use a charging stand that allows our phones to double as a bedside clock, just want to pack the correct type/length cable.

Thanks,

RedRover

I recently got off the Jade and there were USB ports on each light next to the bed (under the light). I don't know what type, just the normal USB. You should be able to see the light up above the edge of the bed. There was a light on each side. The USB plug is underneath.

IMG_1312.jpeg

Edited by genealogyfan

2 hours ago, RedRover96 said:

I've looked and can't find any specific info on Jades bedside USB charger. Is the port a type A or type C? Above the bed or on bedside table? 

It's a USB A socket, and quite a slow charge.  Above the bed.  We use a longer than normal cable (3m/10ft) so that there's plenty of slack when the phone is on the bedside table or being read in bed, a standard length cable is a bit of a stretch.

We also have our own fast charger which we plug in elsewhere in the room for a quick boost.

Thanks, ALL for your feedback, very helpful!  I was shopping for longer cords and apparently some the new phone/chargers are using "C" on both ends including the charger. And I believe some of the newer ships have both A & C on the wall near the desk, just double checking.

RedRover

10 hours ago, RedRover96 said:

Thanks, ALL for your feedback, very helpful!  I was shopping for longer cords and apparently some the new phone/chargers are using "C" on both ends including the charger. And I believe some of the newer ships have both A & C on the wall near the desk, just double checking.

RedRover

USB C is not common yet for outlets. Honestly haven’t seen one anywhere yet, stick with type A for the foreseeable future and you’ll be good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, debenson0723 said:

The Prima has both A and C in the lamps next to the bed. 

Brand new ship makes sense to start putting in type C but as you stated they also have type A. Hotels, airplanes etc still all have type A. The time of seeing type C only is still years away. At the slow rate at which NCL renovates it’s ships it’s probably many years away.