Holland America Whale excursion questions

susyq13

Anyone been on the Discover Alaska's Whales small group experience or the Whale watching & Wildlife quest through Holland America?  Just wondering which is better and if the boats have outside viewing, I am not looking for an excursion boat this is only indoor seating.  I do not want to see a whale through a window.  I can not find pictures of what the boats of these 2 look like. Thanks in advance.  

My Whale Watching and Wildlife Quest excursion was too long ago for me to comment on that. 
However, I have taken a lot of water excursions run by the same company, including up to 2019, and all of their boats have had an open deck, some outside space on at least one other deck, and a good deal of inside space. 

1 hour ago, susyq13 said:

Anyone been on the Discover Alaska's Whales small group experience or the Whale watching & Wildlife quest through Holland America?  Just wondering which is better and if the boats have outside viewing, I am not looking for an excursion boat this is only indoor seating. 

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I have been on the small group whale watching and my boat had space for 3-4 people on the back of the boat.  When whales are spotted, the windows of the the boat are folded up for clear photo opportunities. 

The Discover Alaska's Whales boat has both an aft outside deck and an open second deck for viewing.  When whales are spotted, there is a surge of passengers to the outside decks.  As a hobby photographer, I bundle up and just stay outside.

1_P5133005-Edit.jpg.95b70ef1c8b353ec60e0505f353c7010.jpg

1_P5180148-Edit.jpg.09f51d6f368936014aa1a08e146a9148.jpg

• Like 2