I'll be on World Europa soon. Got my tickets today.

Stockjock

I remember back in the old days, when cruise tickets arrived in the mail in a big envelope.  Those days are gone.  So I got our tickets by e-mail today and forwarded them to the GF.

Me: Got our cruise tickets today.

GF: So?

Me: I forwarded them to you.

GF: What am I supposed to do with them?

Me: Well, you know what that means?

GF: What does it mean?

Me: It means that the s**t just got real!

She thought that was funny.

I've got a 1 bedroom Aurea suite, my first on MSC.  It was quite well-priced but prices have increased a lot since I booked.  I thought about bidding on YC, but I think this cabin is bigger than a standard YC veranda, plus we have a drink package, wi-fi, 4 specialty restaurants, some OBC, and I think it will be fine, maybe even better than YC in some respects.

Here's a virtual tour of our Aurea suite.  Click on the door to change rooms.
https://virtual-tours.msccruises.com/msc-world-class/4LBC-suite-aurea-with-promenade-view/en-gl/index.html

My DH & I did a b2b recently on World Europa in Aurea as well, though only OV. We´ve done YC before on Bellissima and Seaview but opted out this time and did not regret it at all. The ship itself is gorgeous, and the Aurea sundeck & jacuzzis were usually very quiet. Many times we had the hot tub to ourselves on port days. Though there have been some recent complaints about the Aurea spa getting too busy, we went in the mornings and it was perfectly fine then.

We also enjoyed the specialty dining, though if you want a really good table at Butcher´s Cut you need to book an early time, ie as soon as they open at 18.30. They don´t do reservations for specific tables even for YC but operate on a first come first serve, and if you end up with a table outside in the Galeria, it may feel much too noisy & busy.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Tierun said:

The Aurea suites are more spacious than the YC balcony cabins and ironically the Aurea infinite OV cabins are bigger than the regular Aurea balcony cabins. 

World Europa was a great time. 

I like the way that MSC is doing the infinite Oceanview cabins versus Celebrity’s approach on the newer Edge class ships, where they call them, infinite veranda, and price them accordingly, but they’re really not veranda cabins at all.