How easy is it to transfer a booking made through O website to a TA?

TransOceanCruiser

49 minutes ago, TransOceanCruiser said:

I just booked our first O cruise.  Booked the sailing through the O website and now want to transfer it to a TA that offers pre paid gratuities and some OBC.  Is the process easy?  Have done these types of transfers with other cruise lines, wasn’t sure if O had any quarks.

Super simple to transfer your booking to a TA. The window has recently shortened; it used to be 30 days, but not sure abt the new, shorter deadline. Just communicate your booking number to your TA (after they confirm the “bennies” they will give you!).

Always best to use a TA that is very familiar w O’s intricacies.

Enjoy your cruise!

The window has always been 30 days.  There was a report that it is being shortened to 14 days, but I have not seen proof of this.  We booked a cruise onboard the Vista on November 17.  I don't see anything on the invoice issued onboard that states what the deadline is.

However, on November 26, we received an email confirming the payment of the deposit.  The text of the email includes this wording:

"Attached please find your deposit confirmation for the future sailing you have selected onboard. You have made this new booking direct with Oceania Cruises. Please note that you have 30 days from the end of this current cruise to assign your new reservation to your preferred travel agent or agency."

We have already transferred our booking to a TA, so regardless whether the deadline has been shortened, we are covered.

If somebody has seen written documentation that the transfer period has been shortened to 14 days, I think we would all benefit from seeing that.

Tom & Judy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As of December 1 (today) transfers must be done within 14 days.  I have seen an email from O about the change.  (Not mine to share, so I won’t do that.). Anyone who tends to book direct with O and transfer bookings, should contact O to confirm this so that they are not surprised later.  Whether the new rule is the same regardless of country of residency is something else one should check on.