Recent Peloton use

l1lgreekprincess

Can anyone who cruised in the past month or two confirm if Pelotons are back in the gym? I’ve read that they were removed from the gyms in the past six months due to the seat recalls and search option couldn’t find any recent information.
Thank you! 

Edited by l1lgreekprincess

3 minutes ago, l1lgreekprincess said:

Can anyone who cruised in the past month or two confirm if Pelotons are back in the gym? I’ve read that they were removed from the gyms in the past six months due to the seat recalls and search option couldn’t find any recent information.
Thank you! 

There were Pelotons on our October Eclipse cruise. 

• Like 1

Just now, GotMINI said:

How does Peloton usage on ship work?   Do you need to log into your home acct or does the ship run an account?  I’d bring my own spin shoes. Do they run it as a group class or can you do on own?   

The do have pay for group classes. I use the Peloton bikes that are not used for the classes. Usually 3 or 4 of them. I don't log in. The general use Pelotons have cages so no special shoes required. 

2 minutes ago, GotMINI said:

How does Peloton usage on ship work?   Do you need to log into your home acct or does the ship run an account?  I’d bring my own spin shoes. Do they run it as a group class or can you do on own?   

We’ve always logged into our personal accounts. I’ve read that people are able to get on without an account but can’t confirm that. Peloton usually has delta clip shoes but the commercial ones that I’ve rode on many Celebrity ships in the past have SPD clips on one side and cages on the other. They are not part of a group class. 

13 minutes ago, l1lgreekprincess said:

We’ve always logged into our personal accounts. I’ve read that people are able to get on without an account but can’t confirm that. Peloton usually has delta clip shoes but the commercial ones that I’ve rode on many Celebrity ships in the past have SPD clips on one side and cages on the other. They are not part of a group class. 

I never log in as I don't have a Peloton account. 

• 2 weeks later...

On the Solstice now and there are four bikes. Pre-sailing I was told I couldn't get one in the room due to the recall, but I didn't ask when I was onboard and have just been going to the gym.  Two of the bikes have a stripped seat post adjustment knob and can't be adjusted, but they are all rarely used, so I haven't had a problem using them.

On 11/29/2023 at 11:33 AM, GotMINI said:

The login screen for commercial accounts is a bit different. You scan the QR code on the screen with your phone and then confirm the login on the Peloton app. If you don't have wifi access then you can type in your username and password to log in.

• Like 1

I’ve had my peloton fixed at home;  but I had contacted peloton early on and it still took months to get the replacement part.  I’m sure it’s going to take awhile for cruise ships and other businesses to be updated.    Probably could still use with old part, but I’m sure these business don’t want that liability if something were to happen.