Helsinki by Land & Sea (HAL)

We booked Helsinki by Land & Sea (with HAL) and I had a few questions, hoping someone has input.  We end at Sibelius Park.  Is that somewhere where we can walk around and then get back to the ship on our own or are there other options being dropped off in town?  I tried figuring this out on the map with no success.  Thank you!!

• 1 month later...

Although of course it is worth noting that it will take some time also from the city centre to Hernesaari, where most cruise ships dock. And sadly for time being from the nearest place where you can get on public transport (terminus of tram line 6), it is still about one kilometer to the cruise ship.

HSL website should help you to figure out the public transport options around Helsinki region, the route planner there does allow you to search best routes between two points and it has options to show also walking and cycling routes (although I guess most tourist probably won't need that latter option).

• 2 months later...

Sorry to tell you that the Sibelius park is closed for the whole year 2024. It is being under renovation. So you can see the monument from a few hundert meters away, but you won't be able to enter the park. This information is reliable, I'm an authorized tourist guide in Helsinki (sorry, this is not the place to advertise, it's not allowed!), but I ran into this by accident and I hate to disappoint our guests, so I thought it is a good idea to inform you. I REALLY wonder how it can be that the tour ends at Sibelius park... bad idea. Whoever is responsible for that...

22 hours ago, Finotzi said:

Sorry to tell you that the Sibelius park is closed for the whole year 2024. It is being under renovation. So you can see the monument from a few hundert meters away, but you won't be able to enter the park. This information is reliable, I'm an authorized tourist guide in Helsinki (sorry, this is not the place to advertise, it's not allowed!), but I ran into this by accident and I hate to disappoint our guests, so I thought it is a good idea to inform you. I REALLY wonder how it can be that the tour ends at Sibelius park... bad idea. Whoever is responsible for that...

According to City of Helsinki announcement of this renovation access to the Sibelius Monument should reopen in May this year and whole park renovation project is expected to be finished in autumn.