Cruise review for the eyes of for a 10-year-old - Caribbean Princess Dec 3-10

PammyMouse

3 hours ago, GonzoWCS said:

@PammyMouse  Hope you don't mind me asking a few questions?

1.  How full is the ship (number onboard)?

2.  How was the boarding process overall.  Timely, organized, amount of time from start to finish?

3.  How was the MDR first day seating, and dining experience for dinner?  Are you an early seating, late seating and was it organized or controlled chaos?

Thanks in advance as we know you are having the time of your life!

Cheers

I’ll ask about the number on board.  It seems pretty full.

I wasn’t so pleased with the boarding.  They need to divide Green Lane, Blue Lane, and disabled more cleanly.  Most were blue, and they came around and asked for Green,  like myself, and we were moved a bit forward.  The security alternated between Green and Blue.  It might have been better to just make one lane Green.  

I have the reserve dining,  but will peek and see.  I have heard the Palm Dining room is quieter.  

PM

2 hours ago, PammyMouse said:

I’ll ask about the number on board.  It seems pretty full.

I wasn’t so pleased with the boarding.  They need to divide Green Lane, Blue Lane, and disabled more cleanly.  Most were blue, and they came around and asked for Green,  like myself, and we were moved a bit forward.  The security alternated between Green and Blue.  It might have been better to just make one lane Green.  

I have the reserve dining,  but will peek and see.  I have heard the Palm Dining room is quieter.  

PM

Thanks for this.  Enjoying your postings.

Cheers

• Like 1

11 hours ago, PammyMouse said:

Dining rooms:  at about 6 pm both Coral and Island had lines,  in both the “reservation” and not.  Palm was definitely quieter, but I don’t know how it compares size-wise.  
PM

Thanks again for taking the time to look at this!

Cheers

• Like 1

Thank You @PammyMouse, keep them coming. My wife and I will be on this ship next week when she goes to the Eastern Caribbean. 

Now that you've been aboard a few days, I have a couple questions:

How many children are aboard? We're hoping that going between Thanksgiving and Christmas there won't be many families with kids?

Still seeing lines for the MDR? I booked our 5 MDR meals in the Palm, as it's closest to our room. I made 6 PM reservations each night, I'd like to think we would get seated promptly?

Are you planning to do any dinners at the Crown Grill or Sabatini's? We're trying 1 at each.

What movies are being shown at MUTS this week?

How's the medallion and app working for you? Have you tried using OceanNow?

Thanks Again, 

Bruce

4 hours ago, IndyKid said:

Thank You @PammyMouse, keep them coming. My wife and I will be on this ship next week when she goes to the Eastern Caribbean. 

Now that you've been aboard a few days, I have a couple questions:

How many children are aboard? We're hoping that going between Thanksgiving and Christmas there won't be many families with kids?

Still seeing lines for the MDR? I booked our 5 MDR meals in the Palm, as it's closest to our room. I made 6 PM reservations each night, I'd like to think we would get seated promptly?

Are you planning to do any dinners at the Crown Grill or Sabatini's? We're trying 1 at each.

What movies are being shown at MUTS this week?

How's the medallion and app working for you? Have you tried using OceanNow?

Thanks Again, 

Bruce

I’ve seen some kids, but not a lot,  maybe 50-100 on a full ship.

There are lines, but at least yesterday, Palm seemed better.  I can check before dinner.  Tonight is Crown Grill and Thurs. is Sabatini’s. 😀

They had NFL when it was on,  I saw they had Barbie, Christmas with the Kranks,  a Downton Abbey,  Uncharted, a pretty broad range of choices.

I used the Ocean Now for the room and it was timely.  On deck it isn’t working so hot, they are overwhelmed.   

PM

16 minutes ago, PammyMouse said:

I’ve seen some kids, but not a lot,  maybe 50-100 on a full ship.

There are lines, but at least yesterday, Palm seemed better.  I can check before dinner.  Tonight is Crown Grill and Thurs. is Sabatini’s. 😀

They had NFL when it was on,  I saw they had Barbie, Christmas with the Kranks,  a Downton Abbey,  Uncharted, a pretty broad range of choices.

I used the Ocean Now for the room and it was timely.  On deck it isn’t working so hot, they are overwhelmed.   

PM

Thank You 😊. Let us know how you like Sabatini's and Crown Grill!

Sea Day stuff: 

Laps of the Promenade.  They are always busy painting and removing rust.

Enrichment:  Face-to-Face with a Shark was entertaining and I learned something.  

Getting the champagne fountain ready - I’m impressed how fast they are putting it together.

IMG_6636.thumb.jpeg.7d87d6c689d3de4890a7189029c2aed0.jpeg
IMG_6639.thumb.jpeg.1cbef9cf34f8c3a37ede1d7b7b625e6f.jpeg

I have an early morning with my excursion in Montego Bay.  I will likely miss the show.  

And they started piping in Christmas music.  🎄

Edited by PammyMouse
Christmas Music!

Welcome to Montego Bay,  Jamaica!

We had an early start with our tour.  I’ll try to post some photos later.  They have to be transferred off of my camera.  

Yesterday evening I went to Crown Grill:

I had the Black and Blue Onion soup.   Very cheesy!  It was a tad awkward to eat, but very tasty.

For the main, I had Grilled Jumbo Prawns in Whiskey, Chili, and Garlic Marinade.  This was a little too salty for me.  I had the grilled asparagus on the side which helped temper it.

Key Lime Pie Bar for dessert.   The service was good for was busy as it was.  I could hardly eat breakfast.  I think I was still stuffed. 😀

Appleton was fun but a long back and forth.  We had a jerk chicken lunch included so it was good to get some local flavors.  

More later on that!  
PM

Sadly Grand Cayman was canceled due to unfavorable conditions for tendering.  The sea is choppy and I would’t like to tender.  

I found it really interesting to drive up and back as well, the terrain is very lush.  I also liked the view of the towns on the way and get a picture of life on the island. 

Appleton Estate and tasting pics:IMG_6670.thumb.jpeg.fef7f314f2bce897c34af1e4885976be.jpegIMG_6671.thumb.jpeg.d0d41a3ce93c0c7518d7748f5857fd77.jpegIMG_6672.thumb.jpeg.52ae8e62995574a4f12478ec8cbf5f00.jpeg

22 minutes ago, PammyMouse said:

Sadly Grand Cayman was canceled due to unfavorable conditions for tendering.  The sea is choppy and I would’t like to tender.  

I found it really interesting to drive up and back as well, the terrain is very lush.  I also liked the view of the towns on the way and get a picture of life on the island. 

Appleton Estate and tasting pics:IMG_6670.thumb.jpeg.fef7f314f2bce897c34af1e4885976be.jpegIMG_6671.thumb.jpeg.d0d41a3ce93c0c7518d7748f5857fd77.jpegIMG_6672.thumb.jpeg.52ae8e62995574a4f12478ec8cbf5f00.jpeg

Sorry to hear your stop in Grand Cayman was canceled. I take it these pics are from a rum distillery in Jamaica?

58 minutes ago, PammyMouse said:

From Montego Bay, Jamaica

It is an unexpected sea day,  and the lido is packed!  It is hot too,  so the pool is full up.

There are no spots in the shade so I sat for a bit in the shade by Tradewinds and listened to 80’s Trivia.   This is for the extroverts.  Not so much for I.  😊

So it sounds like Cozumel will be an earlier arrival than expected due to the missed port.   Tonight is Sabatini’s for me, my first ever visit, so I will report on it later.

Sailaway from Montego Bay was pretty:IMG_6669.thumb.jpeg.8d60c973c953b1ca538191b3b799a092.jpeg

Last night was Sabatini’s, I kept it light with the Insalata Mista and Filetto di Branzino alle Erbe Mediterranee.  Sambuca for “Dessert”.  This was by far my favorite meal! The fish was delicious.  

I went to the 7:15 Captains Circle party.  They have two,  I am not sure what is the difference, to be honest.  Maybe there are too many who qualify?

There has been a violinist playing that is fantastic.  He is part of the “Sunny Duo” I think.  I will try to confirm tonight.  This is him:

IMG_6673.thumb.jpeg.a753ee9f8648a8d507adacfff06b87be.jpeg

He did Vivaldi, and I now have a little crush as I adore Baroque music. 😀

I went to the second show of Dan Middleditch, this was 50’s and 60’s rock.  He did do some Grateful Dead,  so DH would have been happy.  💀 

By the end of the evening I was wiped out.

More on Cozumel next. 
PM

• Like 2

Cozumel,  redux.   I was here in January,  but mostly got rained out.  

I decided to go to the Museo in Downtown.  I got a taxi for the trip to there.  Prices have gone up and it is $10 now.  I’m glad I did it,  as I learned a bunch about the area and now will most likely try a tour to some ruins next.  I walked around a little and decided to see what it was like to walk back.  Completely fine,  though a bit hot.  

clock tower:

IMG_6683.thumb.jpeg.c438c8726a4550dab826b98cb3374150.jpeg

iguana
IMG_6690.thumb.jpeg.3cb8ab98d97241c712fb6c4915affc94.jpeg
Wow!  This really is a huge difference,  X Constellation on the right:

IMG_6698.thumb.jpeg.925c83b37f1d432f2fe18bc796b90e69.jpeg

I’m not a huge shopper but couldn’t resist:

IMG_6703.thumb.jpeg.1f34fd83a92df30448616f8c92e41741.jpeg

PM

• Like 2

Good morning!  Last day at sea. It’s a little bit wobbly today. Temperature is pleasant.

Went to Lido for another coffee and it is already busy.  

Last night I went to the “There are Sharks in the Water” Enrichment, had dinner in the MDR - it was Italian night, and attended the 80’s party.  There was a bunch of 80’s themed activities last night.  

I missed the Production Show “Born to Be Wild” since I didn’t check the times.  They were different last night, 7 and 8:30.  I was assuming 7:30 and 9:30.  Must remember to check the Patter.  🙄

There is one more Sharks talk today,  and I will look for some trivia.  I’ve got some OBC to use up too.  I’m an awful shopper, but I can probably find something.  😉

I have not found out the number on board -  I will try to ask again today.  

PM