What is hotel used in Miami for pre cruise and review of it

jjwoben1

27 minutes ago, flossie009 said:

However, for a hotel of this quality we were very surprised that there was no glassware in the room; only paper cups. However two wine glasses were delivered to our room promptly on request.

I think that is a holdover from the Covid days, as I've seen it in other places too.  Hopefully, when they run out of their stockpile of paper/plastic they will return to glassware.  

6 hours ago, flossie009 said:

We stayed at the Biltmore, Coral Gables last night after our BA flight from Heathrow.

We were given a large comfortable room with a nice outlook onto the golf course. Plenty of storage space in the room if on a longer stay.

674D3D94-04CC-4C7B-AA28-779612AD5205.jpeg.e7f374aeb2841ff6d68ac03042b1486f.jpeg

The Biltmore is an iconic building in a lovely neighbourhood, with lots of facilities

ABEF8F3F-AA2E-45F0-8D35-6076ADE43299.jpeg.b6146d7b23992b2816e1c8cfea367def.jpeg

However, for a hotel of this quality we were very surprised that there was no glassware in the room; only paper cups. However two wine glasses were delivered to our room promptly on request.

This morning a breakfast buffet was served for Regent guests in a galleried events room past the swimming pool.

Luggage has been collected and we will make our way to Mariner soon 😎

Hi flossie009 what time was your flight from Heathrow and what time did you get to the hotel at. Also what time is your departure flight from Miami back to uk

We just arrived at the Intercontinental Hotel in Miami, a day earlier than the pre-cruise day paid by Regent.  I am happy with the hotel and it’s location; there is a nice board walk leading to picturesque mall with a very good Cuban restaurant and many varied out of the usual mall shops.  All staff are very friendly and helpful.

17 hours ago, eric4395 said:

Hi flossie009 what time was your flight from Heathrow and what time did you get to the hotel at. Also what time is your departure flight from Miami back to uk

BA207 (A380) scheduled departure 10:00, but delayed by about 1 hour due to a technical issue*

Made up time and arrived Miami just after 15:00.

Surprisingly swift through immigration, but quite a wait for baggage.

Arrived at Biltmore around 16:30.

We arranged our own flight but Regent also used BA207 plus the Virgin flight which I think arrived about an hour earlier.

Coming back to the U.K. we are staying a night in Miami and then catching BA206, which is an overnight flight, as are most going from Miami to U.K. 

Again we arranged our own flight, using Avios.

* The pilot told us that the technical issue had been fixed overnight but they had to wait for Airbus in France to sign off the repair.

(Personally I don’t think they should have fixed the wing back on with duct tape, but what do I know 🤣)

95EC5E3F-97E3-40C1-892C-0A42A9A6CADB.thumb.jpeg.17261eefdc8ac12f2bc5f81243aea049.jpeg

Edited by flossie009
  • Haha 7

Just now, flossie009 said:

BA207 (A380) scheduled departure 10:00, but delayed by about 1 hour due to a technical issue*

Made up time and arrived Miami just after 15:00.

Surprisingly swift through immigration, but quite a wait for baggage.

Arrived at Biltmore around 16:30.

We arranged our own flight but Regent also used BA207 plus the Virgin flight which I think arrived about an hour earlier.

Coming back to the U.K. we are staying a night in Miami and then catching BA206, which is an overnight flight, as are most going from Miami to U.K. 

Again we arranged our own flight, using Avios.

* The pilot told us that the technical issue had been fixed overnight but they had to wait for Airbus in France to sign off the repair.

(Personally I don’t think they should have fixed the wing back on with duct tape, but what do I know 🤣)

95EC5E3F-97E3-40C1-892C-0A42A9A6CADB.thumb.jpeg.17261eefdc8ac12f2bc5f81243aea049.jpeg

Altho we are still waiting for confirmation with whom we are flying with our TA said most prob BA with Virgin as alternative. We have a direct flight from Edin to Heathrow first so I would imagine they would put us on a mid-day/ afternoon flight from London

• Like 1