Contemplating Princess - MSC to Princess. Help and Advise, Please.

CruisingFox27

17 hours ago, Shippy said:

NOTHING compares to the YC.

A mini suite is nothing but a glorified balcony cabin.

If you are used to the YC, at least get yourself a full suite on Princess.

But....no butler...private sun deck with buffet...etc.

But... I do like the suites on Princess. The experience is better if you go on a ship with a concierge lounge. They do not all have that.

We are fine in Aurea so it's not that we only sail YC. It's the additional space, sofa and experience benefits that will hopefully be the bonus with the reserve mini suite.

The Princess full suite is double the cost of a mini suite but there's no private pool, sundeck or butler. So we aren't entertaining one.

16 hours ago, BeeeJay said:

People no-show for The Sanctuary while others are waiting for spots when its full and they don't get charged.  So I would translate that into you can cancel any time.  But agree with just doing some days, it can get pretty boring up there after a while.  I've been doing a mix of the adults only Terrace Pool and The Sanctuary.   I really like the Premier package.   The 4 internet devices and being able to order food and drinks anywhere is super handy.

One comment on service---it has varied in quality a lot for me on Princess.  It has mostly been far superior to MSC (even Yacht club) and even getting off and on the ship on Princess has been much easier than MSC (even with the Butler walk off).  But at times they have no showed on the drink orders and the sanctuary there have been two days they never offered tea service to me while I saw them doing the service.  They also forgot another ladies lunch order and never asked her for an order the other day even though they offered others surrounding us.  Its good but spotty.  Yacht club was the same, but you could always easily go right to that bar beside the pool.

After 5 MSC cruises and currently on a 14-night Princess, I would say the biggest difference is the demographic.  MSC gen pop is truly miserable.  It reminds me of scenes from the peasant class in the movie Titanic lol.  Not that I didn't have a fantastic time but the simple buffet crowding and manners vs Princess is night and day.  Everyone is so nice from workers to other passengers on my Princess cruise.  On MSC there was a very large amount of total dbags.   And way too many kids.

I don't think you can go wrong either way if you go in knowing what to expect.

We've clearly been very fortunate, happy passengers, always super friendly crew, never many kids. You do get some weird people sometimes though, even in YC 😂 That's just life though, isn't it.....