Issues trying to book Dining Reservations on VV App

Raiders4Life32

Today is officially 60 days until our Feb 2nd Cruise on Scarlet Lady. We are mega rockstars on our upcoming cruise and dining reservations are supposed to be available. However, whenever I go into the VV App it glitches. The app asks me for a time and party size, but when I click on the available restaurants it does not allow me to make a reservation and it reads "No Bookings Needed". It shows this for all restaurants, even the ones I know from previous cruises that I do indeed need a "booking" like Test Kitchen, Extra Virgin, The Wake, etc. Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong or is this par for the course for the Virgin Voyages app?

The app can be glitchy at times, especially it seems on the first day things are available.

You still have plenty of time before everyone else can book, and as a Mega, you really have nothing to worry about. Your "agent" will get you into anything you'd like.

You can also call or email for help with your dining reservations if you'd feel better about getting it done re-cruise.

• The app is crap most of the time.  Call Sailor Services shoreside and tell them what you want booked (you sometimes need to be a little pushy about them doing it as their standard answer is that you can do it on the app!).  As above, as a mega, your "rockstar agent" will get anything you want, even if it waits till after boarding.  And, if you used a "First Mate," (travel agent), they are able to do your reservations thru their portal as well.
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, cantgetin said:
  • The app is crap most of the time.  Call Sailor Services shoreside and tell them what you want booked (you sometimes need to be a little pushy about them doing it as their standard answer is that you can do it on the app!).  As above, as a mega, your "rockstar agent" will get anything you want, even if it waits till after boarding.  And, if you used a "First Mate," (travel agent), they are able to do your reservations thru their portal as well.

Not a rockstar unfortunately....I get calling Sailor Services to help or your TA...Question is if we don't book shows, dinners the night before the window opens, will we usually be able to get Sailor Services to get us close to what we want the morning the window opens?

54 minutes ago, tbmrt said:

Not a rockstar unfortunately....I get calling Sailor Services to help or your TA...Question is if we don't book shows, dinners the night before the window opens, will we usually be able to get Sailor Services to get us close to what we want the morning the window opens?

You can't book shows until you are on board the ship.  You can't book dinners "the night before the widow opens" unilss you are referring to being in a different time zone than the midnight opening, (Eastern time)  A large percentage of dinner reservations are held back until after boarding as well....so no dinner reservations in advance doesn't mean you can't get what you want after boarding,  We have always found it easier to change after boarding than to start with nothing,  Can you get reservations a day after the window opens?  Sometimes.  My agent has me send her an email of what I want in advance,  I tryto make my own on the app, but if that doesb't work, I send her a pm in the middle of the night and she takes over!

17 hours ago, Raiders4Life32 said:

Any ideas of what I could be doing wrong or is this par for the course for the Virgin Voyages app

The app is amazingly glitchy off the ship. It's slightly better on the ship.  If you're working with a TA just send them your list of restaurants and they can jump into your booking to make the reservations. One of the benefits of working with a good TA. 🙂 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tbmrt said:

On our sold-out Valiant Lady cruise two weeks ago, there seemed to be little issue walking up to most any restaurant except The Wake after 8pm. And as noted above, there are a percentage of restaurant bookings held back until you board the ship. Once you're on Ship WiFi you can try again.  But honestly reaching out to your TA is the easiest way to get your restaurants booked. 

• Like 1