Will Royal cancel my cruise?

redransom

I'm hoping the very knowledgeable posters may have encountered a similar issue and have some advice. I'm Australian and have my final payment for Ovation due 13 December. Over the last few weeks I have encountered the dreaded credit card declined message when trying to finalize payment. I've tried numerous cards and browsers and now owe just $50. Called Royal today to pay and told my account is in credit and they can't take a payment. I know I owe $50 but told it's been "escalated" to finance and they'll read the notes and won't cancel the cruise. Obviously I'm doubtful and starting to worry. Any ideas on how to resolve this or do I just cross fingers and wait???

A human might read the notes but the automated bots that sweep through the system looking for unpaid cruises will not.  

I've not heard of an account being in credit and they won't take a payment.  I'd call again and ask for resolutions to get involved.   

• Like 3

We had a similar situation. Our cruise was paid in full. We were gifted some onboard credit for Christmas. When I applied the credit it actually took money from our account leaving us with a balance due 2 weeks prior to final payment. We had to call several times to get it resolved. 

As @twangster if they only placed notes on file that might not be enough. They actually had to manually extend our due date twice, because the system would have automatically cancelled our cruise. 

I would definitely call back. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NoShoes2 said:

We had a similar situation. Our cruise was paid in full. We were gifted some onboard credit for Christmas. When I applied the credit it actually took money from our account leaving us with a balance due 2 weeks prior to final payment. We had to call several times to get it resolved. 

As @twangster if they only placed notes on file that might not be enough. They actually had to manually extend our due date twice, because the system would have automatically cancelled our cruise. 

I would definitely call back. 

Thanks - I'll call back on the 12th.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, redransom said:

Thanks everyone - I'll start on the 10th to give them a couple of days to seeif they can fix it. If I need to escalate who do I ask to speak to?

We did ask to speak with a manager on one of our calls. He seemed to be a bit more proactive.

• Like 1