Outlets on desk

shofer

We are new to Princess and I have a question about the outlets in the cabin. We will be on the Coral Princess and have a BB balcony cabin. Does the desk in the cabin have an outlet in the desktop/mirror to accomodate a curling iron and or hair dryer? It make is easier if one of us gets ready out there and the other one (guess who) uses the bathroom to fluff & buff.

There is a hairdryer attached to the wall beside the desk. There is an outlet for plugging in a curling iron or hairdryer of your own. I've seen comments on this board to bring along a small power strip for things like cellphones, camera packs, etc.

And yes my roommate used this area for her curling iron so I could have the bathroom un-interrupted.

It's also great for plugging in a nightlight.

Thee is a small, two-plug outlet, but it is in a rather "awkward" place. I strongly advise that you take along a power strip, esp. if you have digital cameras, etc. There is a hair dryer on the wall next to the desk. (Bet a woman thought of that one! :) ) . It is a fairly low wattage. The mirror over the desk is plenty big and you will have no problem doing your hair there. I did find the lighting inadequate to do my make-up, however. I needed to do that in the bathroom.

I find the hairdryer to be very weak and if you have need for a "real" hairdryer then I suggest you bring your own. It works well for some but not for all.

I agree with the power strip suggestion since some plugs have the large GFCI thing on them thus blocking the second outlet. (Hmmm...it's clear in my head :p )

Good advice from everyone. I always bring a six outlet power strip and a short extension cord. With so many things needing power they are a must to have. Even traveling on land and staying in hotels you will find they come in handy.

Stan

We have never needed to bring extra (just as well because we have different plugs/voltage in Australia). The charger for the digital camera gets plugged in over night. My husband uses the outlet in the desk for his shaver. I use the hair dryer provided - might take a bit longer but that's ok - we are on holiday and that's the only power we use. We travel light. No need for any extra outlets. !!! Mummsie.

Archived