Laundry service

Ladycommonsense

I would be interested to know what your feelings are about the standard of service provided by the laundry on both ships. I’m thinking particularly about my husband’s shirts. He has some rather nice bespoke shirts and is rather particular about the way they are finished and ironed. Everything else about Saga ticks all our boxes but I  just wonder what you seasoned travellers think of the laundry service. Thank you in advance of your answers.

2 hours ago, Ladycommonsense said:

I would be interested to know what your feelings are about the standard of service provided by the laundry on both ships. I’m thinking particularly about my husband’s shirts. He has some rather nice bespoke shirts and is rather particular about the way they are finished and ironed. Everything else about Saga ticks all our boxes but I  just wonder what you seasoned travellers think of the laundry service. Thank you in advance of your answers.

We always use the laundry and all of our stuff comes back finished to perfection... including bespoke made to measure shirts.

OH somestimes says his dress shirts aren't perfect, then I tell him they are better than either of us would manage.

I noticed in October that smell of fabric conditioner was more pronounced than before. That wouldn't bother most people but I'm allergic to perfume.

7 hours ago, Ladycommonsense said:

Who does them when you are not on a cruise.?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JMMKUK said:

I'm allergic to perfume

That sounds a really difficult thing to have to deal with and especially when travelling. We've heard that perfume allergy can involve serious complications such as asthma and that breathing difficulties can become severe. 

We need to read very carefully as far as diet is concerned due to a rare condition and the effects of the meds that are prescribed for it. That means that we pick menu items very carefully and sometimes, if we're not sure, ask about ingredients. Probably 99.9% of the time we judge it right. If we get it wrong... it affects blood chemistry and only leads to a bit of discomfort that we carry a variety of meds used an "antidotes"...(we carry customs' clearance documents when we travel)  but, of course, allergies are on a whole different scale and can be much more serious.

But how can perfume be avoided in today's world... especially when travelling. Are foods like tomatoes, citrus, cinnamon, chocolate, vanilla, spices and flavoured drinks also a problem?

Best Wishes.

9 hours ago, twotravellersLondon said:

But how can perfume be avoided in today's world... especially when travelling. Are foods like tomatoes, citrus, cinnamon, chocolate, vanilla, spices and flavoured drinks also a problem?

Best Wishes.

Thank you. It's flowery perfume that is the problem. Both my SiL & MiL have made me ill because they refused to believe the problem existed. MiL when she was very old & couldn't smell it kept spraying. I ran into bedroom & grabbed inhaler. Stayed there until the air had cleared while she moaned that we should be going out. We couldn't until I'd stopped wheezing. After that I used to hide her perfume as soon as we arrived. If she didn't see it she forgot about it.

I believe Saga are very good with people who have food allergies & are willing to list all ingredients not just known allergens.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ladycommonsense said:

What on earth had that got to do with it? I am asking what the quality of the onboard laundry service is like🙄

If you or hubby do them at home and you find that the ships laundry service isn’t up to your standards there are onbord laundromats so you can do them yourself.🤷🏻‍♂️

Or take your butler.😘