Xcaret -Is it worth it?

tkelly

I am going on Holiday 6/19. Is Xcaret worth going to? I love water and beach, not into snorkeling much. Will have my 12y/o son with me. Is it something he will enjoy? Or is there something better?

Check the Playa/Calica port board. We have been posting over there for awhile about it. Let me know how it is. We go in Sept.

Fascination 1997 Destiny 2000

Victory 2000 Sensation 2001

Norway 2002 Legend 2002

NCL Dawn 2003 Inspiration 2003

Victory 2004 Holiday 2004

We were there last August on Princess and loved it. I think next time we would go on our own via taxi because I thought we did not stay there long enough on the excursion. We loved it and our kids loved it.

• 2 weeks later...

Another YES! We decided to go last summer after not being sure we would enjoy it that much. We had gone to Xel Ha 2 yrs. before and it was fairly nice. But Xcaret has much more to offer. Yes, it's more expensive. But I would go again just for the snorkeling areas, to ride the river through the caves, and the lovely palapa restaurant near the beach. We didn't stay for the evening entertainment but I have heard it's an experience. Since there were 7 of us last yr., we rented a mini-van for the day and drove there from Cancun. (Very easy drive. You can't get lost! The road goes straight & there are lots of Xcaret signs.) This was much more pleasant (and cheaper) than buying the pkg. deal w/the busride. Plus, we were on our own schedule & stopped at Playa del Carmen for refreshments and to show the town to our girls & their friends on our way back. Go for it!

It is SO worth it. You and your family will certainly enjoy it. We were there a couple of years ago on land trip to Cancun and spent a whole day there. It's something there for everyone. It was the best. I would most definitely go again.

Enjoy!

Yes, you'll love it--& your son probably more so. We didn't do any swimming & totally loved it. There are wild critters all over the place (including iguanas that hang around while you eat lunch), fascinating displays, a lovely beach area with hammocks, lots of swimming & tubing areas. Definitely stay for the evening show if you can--& hang around outside for awhile to watch the performers line up. It's a fascinating panorama about Mexico's history. They line up outside with lots of live parrots & are wearing authentic costumes.

Archived