Butler Tips & Sugestions

timcreech

Hi All, We are sailing in a Celebrity Suite on Equinox in January.  First time in a suite with Celebrity as we seem to be transitioing from Royal Caribbean to Celebrity for more and more cruises.  We have sailed with a Genie on Royal and had that experience.  Looking for what we should ask our Butler for.  Here is a short list from some googling around the internet.

1) Meals in the room/veranda - is this from main dining room or Luminae?

2) Snacks & tea delivered daily

3) Reservations 

Thinking of things like

1) Can we ask for Pizza at 10:00pm?

2) Fill the fridge with water/coke zero?

3) Fill the fridge with Beer or Wine? (we have the premium drink package)

What are some others that you have asked for?

Edited by timcreech

Welcome to the Celebrity Retreat!  

A Celebrity Suite is one of the lower suites so it doesn't have some of the perks of an upper suite.  Be aware that your butler will cover quite a few cabins.  

Generally, for meals in your room you are restricted to the room service menu although if the main dining room is open, you may be able to order off that menu.  

Butlers are often encouraging passengers to go to the Retreat Lounge for snacks and tea but you can definitely ask for snacks.  The answer you get will likely depend on your butler.

They can help with reservations although I personally find I get better help with reservations by going directly to one of the Concierges in the Retreat Lounge.

The mini-bar is technically not included in a Celebrity Suite but I have heard a lot of reports of some butlers being willing to stock non-alcohol drinks and sometimes beer.  Maybe I've just had bad luck but twice, I've had butlers tell me it isn't included and refuse to stock anything besides water.  You can pick up your own drinks from the Retreat Lounge and stock your own fridge, if your butler isn't willing to.

I have often asked the butler to bring a latte and pastry in the morning at a certain time.

I'm currently in a CS on Edge and will be moving to a RS next cruise.   The butler we have has been the best we have ever had.  

We didn't expect things to be covered in Refrig -  First day I brought back some Tonic and San Pellegrino.    Next day he told me I didn't need to do that -  he would keep it stocked.   When he notices anything he stocks it I currently have on the counter 2 Evians, 1 CAn water, 3 VitaminWaters and 4 San Pellegrino.   The refrig has Tonic, Fresh Lemons daily, a couple beers, milk for Iain's tea and more San Pellegrino.

On the first day of the cruise he told us they had discontinued delivering daily treats because 80% ended in garbage.   If we wanted them he would deliver anything we wanted. 

We really don't use him and he is constantly stopping by and asking if he can get us something.   He started leaving nuts, chocolate bark and cookies.   I don't like food in the room as I'm a grazer and it ends up in my stomach... hmmm... I'm munching on some Almonds now.

Room Service is available from 11 AM - 5 Am -  then they have specific hours for 6-9:30 for Breakfast and 9:30 - 11 for Continental

They don't do Luminae in room, but I'm sure ours would do it if I asked.