Christmas and NY on board - what will be different?

talljules1

Hi all

We've cruised multiple times with Celebrity, but this month will be doing our first cruise over Christmas and New Year (on the Infinity - the first ship we ever sailed on).

Wondering what to expect - as in, what if anything will be different to a cruise at other times of year?  I gather that they decorate some of the public areas, and we're mindful that there may be quite a lot of children on board (we don't usually cruise during school holidays). Anything else we should expect/look forward to? (I'm looking forward to not having to cook Christmas dinner!!)

Thanks in advance

Jules

we did a NY Eve on the Summit.  The ship was decorated very nicely.     NYE, there was music around the pool and just before midnight, the staff went around with Champagne.    We enjoyed it.  No freezing rain, no snow, champagne under the stars.  ️ 

• Like 1

As you said, more children/families, more decorations ... Ships tend to be much higher occupancy (it's fairly common to have 100% sold-out).

Speciality dining reservations tend to sell out more.

Prices are typically higher, both for the cruise itself, as well as for add-ons like Excursions and Speciality dining.

They do have special themed meals for appropriate holidays (eg: Thanksgiving Dinner), and often have appropriate religious figures for religious holidays (eg: there are Rabbis on the schedule for Eclipse right now that it's Hanukkah).

On NYE, it's typical for them to have a countdown to midnight party, and a champagne toast.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, talljules1 said:

Hi all

We've cruised multiple times with Celebrity, but this month will be doing our first cruise over Christmas and New Year (on the Infinity - the first ship we ever sailed on).

Wondering what to expect - as in, what if anything will be different to a cruise at other times of year?  I gather that they decorate some of the public areas, and we're mindful that there may be quite a lot of children on board (we don't usually cruise during school holidays). Anything else we should expect/look forward to? (I'm looking forward to not having to cook Christmas dinner!!)

Thanks in advance

Jules

Jules,

Here are some posts I made on this subject.  We have been on a Christmas + NYE cruise twice (including Infinity) and will be doing one again in a couple of weeks.  The posts have links to Celebrity holiday brochures, photos of the ship decoration, MDR menus, and some copies of the Celebrity Today so you can see all the different activities that were planned.

I hope you have an awesome holiday cruise!

David

image.thumb.jpeg.cdfeec57e1b637d5e4dafcc

• Thanks 2