Embarkation Questions

Yellowlily

Hello, new to NCL, first time NCL cruise coming up - super excited.  we are seasoned cruisers but haven't sailed since Pre-Covid.

Was wondering if anyone could provide what embarkation will be like?  

We have already done our E-docs/check-in, etc.....

We also have a person in our party (husband) with a wheelchair (we are bringing our own onboard) and have corresponded with NCL regarding all of those special needs, etc.

We have our check-in time of 12 pm

*we are embarking on the NCL Sun

1.  Is there a special line for wheelchair passengers we should look for or no?  

2. Does NCL crew push my husband up the gangway or should I be prepared to push him up to ship?  I realize after on board, I will be helping him - just asking about during embarkation

3.  I have printed e-docs, but do we also show our barcode, etc. on the NCL app?

4. What other info/documents should I be prepared for?  I have our passports at the ready

5.  COVID regulations?  do they ask if weve been vaccinated, etc. (we have all our vacs), do they ask if we've been exposed in last 14 days or so (similar to check in at doctors office/health clinic)

6. Anything else I should know? - saw maybe go to MDR for lunch to avoid amount of people at buffet? 

Thanks in advance!!!  

1 hour ago, Yellowlily said:

Hello, new to NCL, first time NCL cruise coming up - super excited.  we are seasoned cruisers but haven't sailed since Pre-Covid.

Was wondering if anyone could provide what embarkation will be like?  

We have already done our E-docs/check-in, etc.....

We also have a person in our party (husband) with a wheelchair (we are bringing our own onboard) and have corresponded with NCL regarding all of those special needs, etc.

We have our check-in time of 12 pm

*we are embarking on the NCL Sun

1.  Is there a special line for wheelchair passengers we should look for or no?  

2. Does NCL crew push my husband up the gangway or should I be prepared to push him up to ship?  I realize after on board, I will be helping him - just asking about during embarkation

3.  I have printed e-docs, but do we also show our barcode, etc. on the NCL app?

4. What other info/documents should I be prepared for?  I have our passports at the ready

5.  COVID regulations?  do they ask if weve been vaccinated, etc. (we have all our vacs), do they ask if we've been exposed in last 14 days or so (similar to check in at doctors office/health clinic)

6. Anything else I should know? - saw maybe go to MDR for lunch to avoid amount of people at buffet? 

Thanks in advance!!!  

1. image.png.c3b4bb60a4765f351b5625f0b7446b27.png

2. You can ask to have a crew member assist you up the gangway. If you are at the terminal before 11:00, you will be the first to board (after the suites)

3. They are really only looking you up by name. They do not use the bar code. Once they find you by name, you can put away your edocs. 

4. Passports. You have already given them your credit card information and contact information. 

5. No more vaccine cards. They don't care if you have been vaccinated or not. The check-in agent will ask you a few COVID questions and ask each person to sign a health form attesting to the fact that you do not have COVID and you have been symptom free. 

6. The MDR will be open for lunch starting around noon. 

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1