Regal Princess tv password for HDMI input

Pinballs83

I got my firestick hooked up to the stateroom tv but when I try and get it to switch to hdmi it asks for a four digit password. Does anyone know what it is?  I tried doing it from the bridge cam too per a guide and it still asks for the password. Tried with a universal remote and the joystick buttons under the TV. 

20231210_145323.jpg

OK, figured it out... 

The universal remote has the source button to bring up that menu, but you have to use the princess remote to click ok. If you use my universal remote it asks for the password when you try to switch to hdmi. 

Also make sure your device is outputting a video signal. When my firestick goes in sleep mode it kicks back to the princess tv. I had to wake it up before it would switch to hdmi. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I am watching youtube tv just fine.  Occasionally I notice it drops down to a lower picture quality, but no stuttering.  Way better than what princess offers.

I am still having some tech problems.  It seems like if the firestick goes into sleep mode I cannot get the HDMI to show back up.  It is just a black screen.  What seems to work turning off the tv, and unplugging the network cable and firestick for a minute or so.  Then it switches back to the HDMI okay.  I've had to do that twice now.  Which included some fussing around with the remotes and rebooting stuff.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pinballs83 said:

thanks for that!  I may try bringing a big flash drive next cruise.  I did notice the USB port.  Tempted to plug the firestick power into it so there is not a cord draped across to the desk.

Sometimes, if the connection to a power socket is too far, I just connect the firestick to a portable power bank and tuck it behind the TV while I'm watching it. Decent 20000mAh size power bank should last 5+ hours.

But yeah, if lucky, the TV's rear USB socket might provide enough power or the firetv to function just fine. Then that's the easiest method.

Edited by cruise_critical
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

ran into an issue with youtube tv.  It says "YouTube TV is not available in your country".  So whatever satellite we switched over to on the way from galveston to belize the geolocation has changed to somewhere youtube tv doesn't like.  

https://www.iplocation.net/ seems to think I am in Atlanta Georgia.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, cruise_critical said:

Sometimes, if the connection to a power socket is too far, I just connect the firestick to a portable power bank and tuck it behind the TV while I'm watching it. Decent 20000mAh size power bank should last 5+ hours.

But yeah, if lucky, the TV's rear USB socket might provide enough power or the firetv to function just fine. Then that's the easiest method.

Don't forget a small AC splitter. 

Oh, btw, the Princess remote works well with a HD for pause, FF, volume, etc.

The only thing it doesn't do is make the initial connection to the USB port. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I turned on the news this morning via the firestick while I was getting ready and its back working.

small hassles to keep the tv running, but worth it for me.  Princess TV channels are like fox news, cnn, and nat geo....  I am going to watch AEW rasltin on wednesday before bed 😆