MIA to MIA 13 Dec - 22 Dec

PrivateIdaho

37 minutes ago, safarigal said:

Did you cancel after the second day on the ship?

I did cancel the Caribbean cruise the 2nd  evening of the cruise  Hamburg tot Glasgow and I am glad I did it   as this was NOT the product that was promissed 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vistaman said:

I did receive a full bottle of premium  wodka - 1 liter instead of 20 cl😁

I did not have to pay extra for a cognac vsop

@vistaman, I’ve appreciated your comments for several years.  For what it is worth Explora does seem to be listening and taking action on feedback from guests like yourself.  On our recent Explora cruise we did have a liter bottle of Hennessy VSOP in our cabin, no problem in getting Pellegrino in any of the restaurants or our cabin, and were able to get reservations at restaurants without being limited to just one.  While the wine prices remain high they were offering some good deals while onboard, including a Dom Perignon “P2” and others at half price, making them into good deals.  We also brought some wines with us, and had no issue in them being presented properly by the restaurant.  Despite earlier issues they are taking action.   

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, johng75370 said:

@vistaman, I’ve appreciated your comments for several years.  For what it is worth Explora does seem to be listening and taking action on feedback from guests like yourself.  On our recent Explora cruise we did have a liter bottle of Hennessy VSOP in our cabin, no problem in getting Pellegrino in any of the restaurants or our cabin, and were able to get reservations at restaurants without being limited to just one.  While the wine prices remain high they were offering some good deals while onboard, including a Dom Perignon “P2” and others at half price, making them into good deals.  We also brought some wines with us, and had no issue in them being presented properly by the restaurant.  Despite earlier issues they are taking action.   

I am afraid I cannot follow  sorry "half price" ? 

A Dom P  2002  "P2"  is available at  295 EUR  without taxes (ships do not pay any tax )  

and a 2003 at 395 Eur with taxes ( so deduct 21 % + some 11 Eur alcohol tax for 12,5 % ) I think it was 640 Eur on Explora?

What I really do NOT understand that on MSC ( the original ) the all inclusive is far more elaborated and rather  soft wine prices ( especially for   the Champagne Bar )  but on the luxury brand by the same mother company outrageous  high  ...  where is the logic ? 

And I am so upset because on board I did not receive the "great and luxurious product" as presented by the senior representative for Europe and later twice by the junior ...

On 12/21/2023 at 9:55 AM, Dr. Cocktail said:

It was a jealous and disgruntled Seabourn shill on a drunken rampage two weeks ago ....

Actually, I'm pretty sure it did actually happen on our sailing.  I was wondering if it was a stress fracture but my partner wondered if the wind had thrown a chaise lounge chair on a particularly windy day. The outer decks were closed for a few hours until Heike and the Captain gave the "all clear".

Oooops .... I just saw that uktog beat me to the punch!

The initial "new" Viking ships (also built by Fincantieri) had more than their fair share of shower stall glass enclosures also spontaneously shatter.

Sound a lot like torsion fracture.  Ships are not as rigid as many would expect, and there is always some internal movement, torsioning, etc.  A rigid structure, such as a large piece of glass, is vulnerable to the structural twisting that can happen from subtle shifting and twisting of the ship.  An English marine architect once explained to me (over a few drinks) how his firm tries to minimize the problem, but it is a challenge.

Hank

• Like 2

On 12/27/2023 at 1:34 PM, Hlitner said:

A rigid structure, such as a large piece of glass, is vulnerable to the structural twisting that can happen from subtle shifting and twisting of the ship.

Or large buildings, like in Boston in the 1970’s:

https://www.theguardian.com/news/2014/nov/12/weatherwatch-skyscraper-gusts-glass-panes-boston