CAPE TOWN TO MAURITIUS

Acrusa

We were there last December for 2 weeks and stayed at the 3 star Le Tropical - very charming friendly hotel, all inclusive with free transport several times daily to the wonderful island of Ile Aux Cerfs. Any more questions on the island please ask. Pat

Thank you Pat,
My wife and I will be spending only 2 nights so we thought we would treat our self to The Le Touessrok. Would this hotel be a good choice In your oppinion?

Depends on what you want - our hotel was straight across the bay from it and we sailed passed it everyday on the way to the island. The guests there looked very miserable and there seemed to be no atmosphere. We picked up a honeymoon couple from that hotel on the way back to the airport and they would have chosen the St. Gerant if booking again. Check them out on Tripadvisor or Virgins customer review sites. Pat

• 2 months later...
If you can get a copy of the latest Conde Nast Travler ( just recieved mine in mail today) there is a wonderful article about the top 6 hotels in Mauritis and things to do there..
Considering staying there post, if we do an African cruise and safari. Looks wonderful.

[quote name='ClaudiaF']If you can get a copy of the latest Conde Nast Travler ( just recieved mine in mail today) there is a wonderful article about the top 6 hotels in Mauritis and things to do there..
Considering staying there post, if we do an African cruise and safari. Looks wonderful.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info,My wife got the Magazine and it was very helpful,The Silversea uses the LE Touessrok resort as a post option,just E Mailed my TA to book 3 nites .THanks Again

• 3 months later...
Hello, we will be on the same cruise to Mauritius. The TA booked us into the Le St. Geran. Which Conde Naste issue had the information? Also, does anyone know what the weather will be like? I have read it is hot & humid, but does that mean Hawaii heat & humidity or Florida 'steamy' style?

We are staying at the Le Touessrok.hotel. Its the hotel the cruise line uses, And its owned by the same group that owns the hotel your staying at. Where staying 3 nites.Just got our South African Air tickets and the Air Mauritius tickets.Ill check the date of that Conde Nast issue and let you know.

Hey again sonomawine, Acrusa

Well it seems we will have some friendly faces onboard, that makes me feel very happy.
Sonomawine, I ended up going with the Oberoi for 2 nights and then off to Johannesburg and straight onto the safari.

Well folks today is my 90 day call! full payment made and no turning back. Now I am getting excited.

Sonomawine, I will drop you guys a private e-mail in the next few days to catch up on your plans and I will fill you in on mine.

I am so looking forward to meeting you all! & sharing some adventure.

Cheers folks,
Colin...............................................

Sonoma wine, we were in Mauritius in April and it is a wet i.e. "steamy" humidity which makes it extra hot! Le St Geran is an absolutely DIVINE hotel - we did not stay there, but saw a feature about the hotel on TV. You will be pampered and treated like royalty! :)

Have a great time in Mauritius everyone - I'm sure you will all enjoy it.

Thank-you Acrusa for the information. I will check the magazine out.

In regards to dinner, we were always the last one to close down the restaurant as we did not have much interest in the shows.

Jaffa, look forward to hearing from you...... Let us know when you are in SF and we can meet for a drink if you have the time.

Cheers!

Archived