VV account error

singleflyer

2 hours ago, Gretchendz said:

Ugh--sorry. I assume you have tried a different browser, using incognito mode for the web account? And for the app, uninstalling and reinstalling?

I have done all of those... I was thinking it was system wide, but apparently it is just me!

This can happen if you have two Sailor IDs which many people have. An ID is created when you book your first cruise but some people don't realize that and create a second one. Or they created one before their first cruise and don't tell their TA or Sailor Services agent. That can and does create problems logging in sometimes.  You can ask your TA or Sailor Services if you do have two IDs and ask for them to be merged.  Usually takes 24 - 48 hours. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, singleflyer said:

I have done all of those... I was thinking it was system wide, but apparently it is just me!

I'm not sure if it is related, but I am set to sail a week from today. I've been trying all of this past week to set up my payment account. Error message each time. At this point I figure I'll just have to do it at check-in.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

This can happen if you have two Sailor IDs which many people have. An ID is created when you book your first cruise but some people don't realize that and create a second one. Or they created one before their first cruise and don't tell their TA or Sailor Services agent. That can and does create problems logging in sometimes.  You can ask your TA or Sailor Services if you do have two IDs and ask for them to be merged.  Usually takes 24 - 48 hours. 

Thanks.  I'll call in and see if they can fix it.  I've been on two VV with no issues.  This just popped up this week; not sure why they would have created a second account for me but I'll see if that is a fix.

I had to switch from Edge to Chrome. I get lots of errors on Edge, although I'm still typically able to get into my account. But if I want to search for a cruise to book, I have to go to Chrome because Edge gets an error if I try to open or book a specific cruise from the results. Been this way for a couple months now.

3 minutes ago, jame_g said:

I had to switch from Edge to Chrome. I get lots of errors on Edge, although I'm still typically able to get into my account. But if I want to search for a cruise to book, I have to go to Chrome because Edge gets an error if I try to open or book a specific cruise from the results. Been this way for a couple months now.

VV's website is definitely optimized for Chrome as is just about every other cruise website these days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2023 at 4:56 PM, singleflyer said:

Update: I called and they said I don't have a second account so they have to escalate it.  

I hope you have luck - I have had the same issue since August! Every time I call, I get the same message that they are escalating. They even sent me a list of questions to fill out and I did that and returned the email. That was back in September! I called this morning and received the same runaround. We have escalated and check back in 24 hours.  They have also asked me when it was a good time to call me and I let them know and of course, no phone call ever received.  I can't use the app or their website.

Mine was fixed pretty quickly.  Not sure what they did, but I got an email with directions on how to fix my account, but before I even tried the steps listed, my account was back up and working.