Ex-Airbalancer

The Equinox is going into drydock in April ,

looks like they changing the Family cabin to a Horizon Suite after the drydock 

Not much description about the suite , probably no butler 

price shown is for Nov 2024 TA in CAD 

IMG_6606.thumb.png.62e22f00ad8770450300c962130adf8c.png

Edited by Ex-Airbalancer

Nice quiet morning but let’s go stir the pot some. 🍿

I believe they have this type of suite on the silhouette already.  And according to Celebrity’s website, it does include a Butler. Not the Butler & Team. 

Edited by Team Stag
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Team Stag said:

Nice quiet morning but let’s go stir the pot some. 🍿

I believe they have this type of suite on the silhouette already.  And according to Celebrity’s website, it does include a Butler. Not the Butler & Team. 

Didn’t know they had this on the Silhouette already , 

The cabins on 8 are bigger than the ones on 7 

Not a good conversion. Needed a gut and redesign instead the changes were a bad flip. Had not stayed in the family veranda version, but suite had one bedroom - second sleep area converted to dressing area. Several narrow closets. Cabinets and drawers in the living area. The drawers were useful, so of course there were more cabinets that you had to get on the floor to access. Convenient dining table. Smallest bathroom ever, one usable cabinet on the left. Shower was tiny but functional. Priced like a celebrity suite. I’d take a corner s1 every time.

• Thanks 1

I had one of these served on the Sillouette for late June and July of this year.  Didn’t really liked the makeup of the room, but it was the only suite available on this cruise. It was large, but only 1 bath and being in the front of the ship was another problem. About 3 months later, a Royal Suite opened up and needless to say I jumped on it. Had been in a Royal Suite the year previous and there was no comparison. 

Edited by Frenchkona

21 hours ago, rjwex said:

Not a good conversion. Needed a gut and redesign instead the changes were a bad flip. Had not stayed in the family veranda version, but suite had one bedroom - second sleep area converted to dressing area. Several narrow closets. Cabinets and drawers in the living area. The drawers were useful, so of course there were more cabinets that you had to get on the floor to access. Convenient dining table. Smallest bathroom ever, one usable cabinet on the left. Shower was tiny but functional. Priced like a celebrity suite. I’d take a corner s1 every time.

I agree that it is not a good conversion.  We have been in the FV cabins on Solstice, Eclipse, and Reflection (all Deck 8).  They were great cabins for my family of 4.  The large amount of space certainly was the reason that Celebrity has looked into converting them to suites.  However the layout is a big problem to convert that space into something that would meet Celebrity suite standards.  For example, the bathroom is the standard non-suite bathroom (small) and not attached to the master bedroom.  Relocating it and/or making it bigger would be difficult.  Also the balcony on the Deck 7 FVs are very small and would disappoint any suite guest.