Car Rental near Port in San Francisco?

We2Cruzers

2 minutes ago, We2Cruzers said:

Does anyone know if car rentals are convenient to the port?  Thanks for any information.

There is an Avis not far in the Anchorage Square Shopping Center. Just keep in mind that the downtown rental locations, whether they are Avis or another major company, are mainly geared towards business travellers so don't have the same hours as their corporate owned airport location counterparts. For example this one is open til 5pm on the weekdays but closes early at 1pm on the weekend. 

Also, since most downtown rental locations are franchises, if it is a round trip rental you shouldn't have an issue but if it is a one way rental somewhere the one way drop fees can be astronomical. Sometimes in those cases its actually a savings to Uber out to the airport and rent from the corporate owned location. 

I agree.  If you are flying out of SFO to go home, it would be more practical to take the train or Uber/Lyft to the airport  and go down to arrivals and go to the rental there,  You may need to jump on a shuttle to the rental car center, I cannot remember how SFO is configured.  That way your  return is to the same place and you do not face the penalty / need to return it to a downtown location.  Disembark early without your luggage, go to the airport and drive back to pick up your family etc.

15 hours ago, Meander Ingwa said:

I agree.  If you are flying out of SFO to go home, it would be more practical to take the train or Uber/Lyft to the airport  and go down to arrivals and go to the rental there,  You may need to jump on a shuttle to the rental car center, I cannot remember how SFO is configured.  That way your  return is to the same place and you do not face the penalty / need to return it to a downtown location.  Disembark early without your luggage, go to the airport and drive back to pick up your family etc.

SFO has a rental car facility north of the terminals, with most of the big names are there. From the terminals there is an automated Sky Train that will take you to the facility. Uber/Lyft can go directly to the facilities drop-off curb.